We've detected that a proxy or VPN is being used to access

Status
Not open for further replies.

perlapad

Reaction score
Hello , i've got this message when trying to acces my account.

There is a problem with your request
We've detected that a proxy or VPN is being used to access your account.

I could however connect through ftp and all so to my wordperess admin panel.

chiloqui

Reaction score
I'm also getting the same message when trying to access my cPanel
Steps:
1) I visit: https://x10hosting.com/
2) I click Sign In on top right which then leads me here: https://x10hosting.com/sso/halt
3) I verified I am not using a proxy.
4) I tested in Firefox (45.02) and the Dev build (48.0a2) [Both in safe-mode so I knew an add-on wasn't to blame], Google Chrome (50.0.2661.94 m), Microsoft Edge (20.10240.16384.0) and last (and definitely least) Internet Explorer 11.
5) I do happen to use Hughes Net Satellite internet for my Internet Provider. I am proxied at that level by a web accelerator they build into the modem and disabled it to test; The issue remains and seems to be on x10hosting's end...

Last edited:

creati39

Reaction score
I get the same message as each of the above when trying to sign in to my site. I also have Hughes Net Satellite internet. I just got it Saturday. Does this have something to do with me not being able to sign in to my site? How do I fix it so that I don't lose my website?

creati39

Reaction score
I get the same message as each of the above when trying to sign in to my site. I also have Hughes Net Satellite internet. I just got it Saturday. Does this have something to do with me not being able to sign in to my site? How do I fix it so that I don't lose my website?

chiloqui

Reaction score
Sorry for double post again, It acted as if the post was not submitted....
Thank you x10hosting for resolving this for me ;)

chiloqui

Reaction score
Hmm mine is no longer working again. I am guessing my IP changed back to one the script that thinks I'm on a proxy or VPN disliked :(
With hughesnet a lot of the time my dynamic IP's originate from Texas but at the moment its Woodburn, OR. Also you should still be able to access your FTP directly. It lets me so that would let you backup your files. If you have something like wordpress installed you could still login to the admin panel of that and install a plugin to make a database backup. It's only the cPanel that I can't access.

Also it's affecting many members judging from the other threads so it might take a bit for them to correct it or find the underlying issue. I use to be a prime subscriber before I sold my previous domain and closed my account but usually the site wont be lost and they can un-suspend it if you hit the inactivity period during the time-frame. The staff here is usually pretty fair but does have to deal with a lot of abusers. It just might take time since this is the free hosting and paid hosting members will get support first but I wouldn't loose hope if you did nothing wrong. =)

Last edited:

cosmicm2

Reaction score
Hmm mine is no longer working again. I am guessing my IP changed back to one the script that thinks I'm on a proxy or VPN disliked :(
With hughesnet a lot of the time my dynamic IP's originate from Texas but at the moment its Woodburn, OR. Also you should still be able to access your FTP directly. It lets me so that would let you backup your files. If you have something like wordpress installed you could still login to the admin panel of that and install a plugin to make a database backup. It's only the cPanel that I can't access.

Also it's affecting many members judging from the other threads so it might take a bit for them to correct it or find the underlying issue. I use to be a prime subscriber before I sold my previous domain and closed my account but usually the site wont be lost and they can un-suspend it if you hit the inactivity period during the time-frame. The staff here is usually pretty fair but does have to deal with a lot of abusers. It just might take time since this is the free hosting and paid hosting members will get support first but I wouldn't loose hope if you did nothing wrong. =)
If this isn't fixed, tons of people will leave x10hosting. And it won't be"hosting for the masses", if no staff responds on at least tries to help.

cosmicm2

Reaction score

If this isn't fixed, tons of people will leave x10hosting.And it won't be"hosting for the masses".

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am also getting this error message - endhousesoftware.x10host.com
at URL --> [ http://endhousesoftware.x10host.com/ ] - I receive...
security_error.png

click on above

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.