What?! All LOST!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiteMarie

Reaction score
Hello. I'm back from a long vacation far away from anything related to computers and Internet and now I'm back and I can see that my hosting account has been disabled?! Ok, I know it's a free service and you can't just keep everything for everyone who is away, it may be free for us but not for you and I know you have to free some space for active users, that's fine. But I couldn't keep a backup of my site on my computer and was hoping to get everything back from this account but it looks like everything is lost?!?! No. Please tell me there's a way to get that back!!

I really need to get back my scripts and images I made for this site, PLEASE!

Thank you.

-Marie.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello Marie,

To start off with, i apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Unfortunately you're correct. After a inactivity period of 31 days (use to be 14 days) accounts are suspended, after the account remains suspended for a period of time, it gets terminated.

Unfortunately no data is recoverable from the account.

PKamat

Reaction score
Hello Marie,

To start off with, i apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Unfortunately you're correct. After a inactivity period of 31 days (use to be 14 days) accounts are suspended, after the account remains suspended for a period of time, it gets terminated.

Unfortunately no data is recoverable from the account.

I have a question regarding the same... Just thought I'd post right here, no need to start a new thread. And it's not that I'm hijacking this one :p But I wanted to know if you mean inactivity in your site or in CPanel or where exactly does the site note inactivity before you're terminated ? Because this had happened to me before, long back...

jpr28056

Reaction score
Inactivity on these forums. You must log in to the FORUMS once every 31 days. You do not have to post, just log in for a few minutes. This requirement has nothing to do with your account panel or CPanel, only the forums.

cheezo

Reaction score
Hello. I'm back from a long vacation far away from anything related to computers and Internet and now I'm back and I can see that my hosting account has been disabled?! Ok, I know it's a free service and you can't just keep everything for everyone who is away, it may be free for us but not for you and I know you have to free some space for active users, that's fine. But I couldn't keep a backup of my site on my computer and was hoping to get everything back from this account but it looks like everything is lost?!?! No. Please tell me there's a way to get that back!!

I really need to get back my scripts and images I made for this site, PLEASE!

Thank you.

-Marie.

you should have bought a suspend immunity. i guess it only cost about $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.