What are good ways to advertise a new "site"?

shant93

Reaction score
Right now I have a little concept, and I want to know what are good ways to spread it, but my problem is I am not a member of many forums and my friends/family would not be interested. What are good ways to promote the skeleton of a "site", basically?

I say "site" because it's made in blogger and has one post on it but I don't really consider it a blog.

(Should I post a link?)

journeyoflife7

Reaction score
In my opinion, the best way to increase quality traffic is active participation in online communities ! An easy way to unlimited traffic!

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best way to increase quality traffic is active participation in online communities ! An easy way to unlimited traffic!

Sage words, the trick of course is finding the right community where the content of your own site is similiar or related.
For example : if your web site was a blog about custom car accessories, it would expect to attract more vistors in a motoring forum than a gardening one.

However you cannot really promote a "skeleton" for it to attract attention it needs a bit of meat on bones, preferably dripping with fresh blood...

There is an often used saying that "Content is King" , no matter how bad the layout, colour scheme or general useability of a site if people find the information inside useful they will keep coming back and tell others. With a bit a luck a small percentage of them may even click on any advertising you have making it all worthwile. The "fresh" bits are crucial, with so much content is duplicated across the web time and time again any original content is highly prized by search engines and visitors alike. This of course is hard work as you have not only to write all the content from scratch but constantly have to keep posting in a number of forums to maintain awareness of your site.

One interesting solution as demonstrated by The Register was to stand the problem on its head and actually create a community site where non existed before by using all the computer and technology related press releases it can find as a source of content (adding a little re-writing and a splash of sarcasm) and then allowing vistors to place their own comments after each story. Thus the visitors create the fresh content which search engines find and rank accordingly.

This "mountain to mohammed" approach could be applied to almost topic, ideally all one needs is a subject that generates three to five articles/ press releases a day across the globe, do a quick rewrite no more than say 500 words each and upload for the readers to chew on like piranha. Use a bit of signature tagging in various forums to kick start the initial visitors once things take off you can stop doing that and concentrate on just the articles or feature pieces.

cheezo

Reaction score
youtube videos with your link in the description. it should do

pogog

Reaction score
Thank you so much for sharing this great information!
I like it and also want to be part of your link and also advertise my site.
Chandler Homes for Sale

Last edited:

krunalp4199391

Reaction score
Forum marketing......
email vmarketing.................
orkut,facebooooook

twitter marketing.................

rajdeep01

Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion, the top method to increase quality traffic is active participation in online communities, Forum marketing, email marketing

arindamdutta16

Reaction score
I think site advertising is depending on site traffic. Social media optimize is good way of increasing traffic. You do social networking like facebook, twitter, g+, linkedin. Classified submission is another way of site advertising.

jayanta1

Banned
Reaction score
There are lots of great ways to promote your website, but it always helps to have a handy list of topics you can get ideas from. That’s why we’ve compiled this always-growing website promotion tips page. Hopefully it will get you motivated to do one or two small things that you haven’t thought of before to get your site more and more traffic over time.