What do you guys think of my music hosting website (revised)?

eggo9432

Reaction score
I posted a link a long time ago asking people what they though of my site. Since then, my programming knowledge has vastly increased and I have completely redone every nook and cranny of the site. I have put quite a lot of hard work into it and, after a few more changes, I will have finished its full second version. Please tell me what you think and tell me any changes that you would make. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
http://www.pearlsquirrel.com/

Last edited:

eggo9432

Reaction score
I really hate to bump this up, but could somebody please leave me a serious comment. I would really appreciate it.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's getting there, but think more needs to be done.

The colour combinations don't really do it for me, particulary white text on grey .. maybe upping the font size (or changing the font may help). Margins... they exist for a reason, don't butt text up against the left hand side of the divs it looks awful.

Watch your cross browser compatibility!, listen.php page does not display correctly in Firefox 7

On the plus side.. if you're interested in a link / banner exchange PM me as I have a similiar project.

eggo9432

Reaction score
It's getting there, but think more needs to be done.

The colour combinations don't really do it for me, particulary white text on grey .. maybe upping the font size (or changing the font may help). Margins... they exist for a reason, don't butt text up against the left hand side of the divs it looks awful.

Watch your cross browser compatibility!, listen.php page does not display correctly in Firefox 7

On the plus side.. if you're interested in a link / banner exchange PM me as I have a similiar project.

Thank you so much for bringing the listen page to may attention. I went ahead and downloaded firefox and fixed the problem pretty quickly. I would love to hear what color combinations you think I could use to improve the overall view of the site. When you talk about margins, where there any specific pages that you really think I should change the margins on? I would also be very interested in a possible link/banner exchange and maybe even taking a look at your site to tell you what I think. Thank you so much for the advice; I am still learning so every bit of critiquing really helps. Thanks!

droctoganapus86

Reaction score
try using a sans-serif font like arial. It might look a lot better. Also, style the comments a little bit more.

eggo9432

Reaction score
try using a sans-serif font like arial. It might look a lot better. Also, style the comments a little bit more.

How do you recommend that I style the comments? Do you have any specific suggestions? Thanks for the comment!

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

I just added Arial to some of the pages, and you are spot on dude. It looks so much better and more professional. Thanks for the tip!

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The gray background color is a bit too light. It's making me strain my eyes a bit to read the white text.

Also, you should use <br /> or <p></p> tags in your terms of service to separate paragraphs and sections to make it alot more readible. Right now it looks like an unformatted wall of text that nobody will want to read.

eggo9432

Reaction score
The gray background color is a bit too light. It's making me strain my eyes a bit to read the white text.

Also, you should use <br /> or <p></p> tags in your terms of service to separate paragraphs and sections to make it alot more readible. Right now it looks like an unformatted wall of text that nobody will want to read.

Thanks for the input. I will work on picking a different text color, as I have been told this multiple times.