Hating it?
What about the iPad?
What about the latest law sues?

Express yourself

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I may not agree with everything that they do, but they do make some of the best-built machines available to a consumer. Add to that a great OS that is getting better with every revision and you have the makings of a very good system. Admittedly, they may not have the highest specs in the market but they make up for that with software that is clean and efficient.
As for the 'Apple tax', I am happy to pay extra if I know I am going to get a well-built machine that has the best customer service currently available in the computer world.
What's more, they do help push various industries forward at a greater rate. Even if you don't like Apple's products, you could not deny that their influence in certain markets has forced other manufacturers to innovate in order to be competitive. Take the iPhone as an example: prior to it's release most phones had traditional keypads, resistive displays and a pathetic browser, and when the iPhone was released everyone claimed onscreen keyboards were ridiculous, along with many of its other features. Look at the market now and many of the top brands now use onscreen keyboards and are attempting to replicate Apple's app store and user interface. You would be hard-pressed to say that the iPhone isn't one of the most popular phones out there.
As for the law suits, well that's Apple's business and if they believe they are protecting their patents then so be it. Whether they win or lose the suit doesn't bother me. It would take something a lot more severe for me to begin doubting why I use their products.
Finally, the iPad to me is not a particularly alluring product, but my opinions may change.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I just bought my first iMac a week ago and I have owned an iPhone for about a year now.

I am thoroughly pleased with them.

I love Apple :)

~Callum

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
The iPhone and iPod made a important and serious impact on the market.

My brother has an iPod Touch and I have to say, its pretty amazing.

Apple and Steven Jobs are always focused on innovation and they've been doing an excellent job staying with that focus. As lemon-tree mentions above, the iPhone introduced on-screen keyboards, and other companies followed their lead despite what consumers say about it.

chipperrocks10

Reaction score
I've owned an iPhone for nearly a year now. I used to keep a watchful eye on the cell phone market; always looking for something better than what I had to come out. If nothing else, I've changed my outlook on cell phones...until I have a pressing need that the iPhone cannot deliver, I'm sticking with it.

I've owned a handful of iPods...still have a few (shuffle, nano, video). I have also owned a Zune. There are pros and cons to each. For me, the 30GB iPod Video suits my needs just fine...even though I recently cracked the screen (not to the point I can't use it, but it is noticeable). I sold the Zune to a friend, but not because I didn't like it. Rather, I sold it because I DID like it, and knew he would enjoy it more than what he was going to buy instead (couldn't afford a new iPod or Zune).

I've owned a few Apple computers, including an iMac and a Powerbook. However, I am a Senior Systems Administrator for a upper-medium-sized business, and it simply makes more sense for me to use PCs for the majority of my duties...I need to test from my users' perspectives, and there's simply more PCs connecting to my equipment.

fretwizz

Reaction score
Apple Machines run Wndows natively now (and under things like Parallels).

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score

Nice long post there :)

Comparing my £900 Mac to a friends £800 PC, not only does my Mac:

- Boot faster
- Do stuff faster
- Look good
- Feel good to use
- Doesn't get viruses
- My dad doesn't know how to hack in to it
- Most people don't, in fact

And what about software updates?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC223?mco=MTAyNTQ0NDI
And after five minutes of trying to find a price, here we go: http://www.google.com/products?clie...-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

Bearing in mind that Macs actually last long enough to get a software update (or three), this is something worth considering.

http://www.deltaflow.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/imac_vs_dell-1.jpg
And the iMacs don't even have wires for the mice and keyboard any more :D

~Callum

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't you love playing with wires?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
My favourite hobby ever, I've been missing the wires since I left Linux.

~Callum