What do you think of my website and the idea behing it

deadeye536

Reaction score
I really like the idea of the site, it promotes people to get together in a common place and chat. It's also really well put together, except that the main page, the forums, and the social network are not linked to one another. I'd give it a 9/10 for the reason stated before, other than that one thing, it's a really great site.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't really like social networks but your approach looks nice. I gotta say by the way that the color chooser thing looks awesome, although I havent really tried it ^^

How will you make selling the users' products (images, tutorials and all you've listed and not listed) an easy thing? Will you have a shop system integrated or will it it be their own problem? The first option could definitely a big plus to attract people. 'Cause showcasing your talent is probably indeed more interesting when you have a chance to get retribution from it.

xmakina

Reaction score
Who are Chromatophore? I thought this was unfeatured.net?

It *seems* like agood idea but I still have all my original reservations. You are entering a very big market as a very small fish. I hope you have a lot of money to spend on advertising becuase you're up against MySpace and Facebook here.

Your description isn't very clear. I would certainly think about re-writing it. There's a lot of words but you've got some real problems with the grammar. "The more "big""? The word is "bigger". You've got commas where you really should have a full stop.

I'm gonna make a guess english isn't your first language. In future consider getting an american or brit to proof-read your bulletins first. It's the only thing that really stops your site coming across as a convincing alternative. That and your reliance on pre-made themes.

Also - your theme changes drasitcally when I go to the resources page. There's ad blocks everywhere which just makes the whole site seem like a big money spinner. The "Welcome to Unfeatured Resources" is at the very bottom!

Once I get into the whole about bit (all of which needs a lot of content and revision) I can't get out :/

Each block of your website uses a different theme. There's no consitency, not even in navigation. If your index page is a portal, make this *much* clearer. It's confusing and frustrating to say the least.

All in all, your site has some Major problems:

Premise: I'm still asking the question "Why you and not MySpace or Facebook?" and you've still not answered it.

Themes: Your theme changes in each section. You've made no effort to modify the themes to fit your site, going as far as to use theme logos than your own.

Template-itis: Your whole site is just template after template. There's some content but not a lot. The whole thing just feels very cut and paste with no real substance, like a scrap book.

Consistency: As a result of the above 2 problems, your site has zero consistency. There is nothing to link the 4 sections (index, about, social, forum) aside from use of the word Unfeatured. You need consistent navigation, logos and colour schemes. It just looks like 4 discrete sites that just happen to be about the same thing. It also makes moving from one section to another very difficult.

Content: If english isn't your first language then admit it. Ask someone to proof read your content before you post it. I'm sure plenty of folk will be happy to help and it'll help keep your site looking professional and trustworthy. Bad grammar = nigerian scam to a lot of people.

Score: 2/10

tittat

Reaction score
Your adsense looks odd there,try to match it with your theme color.And i love the way how you explained what is Unfeatured...
Good Luck

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems really nice. How did you do the color picker thing? Did you make it yourself or is it a script?