What do you think of my website logo?

Elesarr

Reaction score
you only took the comments you agreed with to change your logo. the opinions that really mattered you ignored because you "think" you know better.

I am not trolling I tried to help you and was brushed aside by you implying I am an idiot and telling lies. Why don't you check my original post to you. :nuts:

Last edited:

free bbt

Reaction score
you only took the comments you agreed with to change your logo. the opinions that really mattered you ignored because you "think" you know better.

I am not trolling I tried to help you and was brushed aside by you implying I am an idiot and telling lies. Why don't you check my original post to you. :nuts:
Everything about my logo designed I accepted and took under advisement. The only comments I disregarded are the incorrect ones about 15kbps. I am part way through a full resign based on the further comments I have received since my last update, so why you are assuming the disign comments were disregarded I don't know.

I certainly never said or implied that you were an idiot or telling lies. You need to try to stop taking offhand comments made on internet forums so personally.
Edit:

Everything about my logo designed I accepted and took under advisement. The only comments I disregarded are the incorrect ones about 15kbps. I am part way through a full resign based on the further comments I have received since my last update, so why you are assuming the disign comments were disregarded I don't know.

I certainly never said or implied that you were an idiot or telling lies. You need to try to stop taking offhand comments made on internet forums so personally.

Last edited:

Elesarr

Reaction score
I apreciate you Trying to help, but when you say things that are obviously 100% untrue that is not actually helping at all.

sounds like you are implying I am an idiot and lieing here.

seems you can't remember what you said to whom when you decided to vomit all over leafypiggy and myself because for some reason you think everyone has a fast internet connection.

:drama:

free bbt

Reaction score
sounds like you are implying I am an idiot and lieing here.

seems you can't remember what you said to whom when you decided to vomit all over leafypiggy and myself because for some reason you think everyone has a fast internet connection.

:drama:
Lol, wow man you have issues.

That comment was saying you were wrong.
Not that you were lying.

Not that you were an idiot.

Above 15kbps is not a "fast internet connection. Ten times 15kbps is still even close to a fast internet connection.

I know what I said to whom. You just seem to have some comprehension issues.

moiety

Reaction score
Sorry dude, another vote for keeping it light from a professional webdesigner.

I'm in Spain -on broadband now- and the best speed I've EVER got from it is 120Kb/sec, as I'm quite a ways from the exchange. That's KiloBytes and not KiloBits (multiply by 8); which is the number your ISP sells you (and how often do you ever see that speed in the real world?). Before that, I was on hpsda over a mobile network and the average speed was 3Kb/sec, gusting to 6-8. And that 3Kb/sec could really tank in areas of dubious reception. Also -and another argument for keeping things light- was the fact that if I went over a certain limit, I then had to buy bandwidth at extortionate rates.

That's in 2009, in an allegedly civilised country. There's also lots of other plans worldwide where you pay by the amount of data, particularly for mobile plans.

So there's real reasons for keeping your designs light. Also, there's elegance. Why put a bandwidth monster there when you can keep things svelte and still looking nice?

I like the logo. Not half bad for a Photoshop n00b. But it is too big for a site catering to mobile users.

Last edited:

free bbt

Reaction score
Does anyone know if what font this is?

Is it a real font or just a custom one made for the BB logo only?

blackberry-logo.jpg

free bbt

Reaction score
If it's a logo it's probably a custom one (or more probably yet a modified one). You can try your luck here though:
http://www.identifont.com/
Ya after a little searching it looks like it is definitely a custom one.

Thanks for the link though, I am frequently trying to identify fonts, usually just by visually comparing them, so that site will come in handy.

BTW, IdentiFont thinks that the BB logo font is Azbuka Pro, wrong but pretty close.
Edit:
OK, as I mentioned I completed redesigned it. What do you think?

capture1r.png

Click here to see what it looks like on the webpage: http://freebbt.blogspot.com
Edit:
Ok I made some minor changes, here is the most current version:

capture6k.png

Last edited:

moiety

Reaction score
Looks pretty smart. I'd continue what you've done, and move the white bit further left until the top, bottom and left blue 'margins' all look the same & then maybe resize the text again to fit the space. It looks a little unbalanced with that blue chunk on the left.

Smooth & professional. Looks good.

free bbt

Reaction score
Looks pretty smart. I'd continue what you've done, and move the white bit further left until the top, bottom and left blue 'margins' all look the same & then maybe resize the text again to fit the space. It looks a little unbalanced with that blue chunk on the left.

Smooth & professional. Looks good.
Thanks for the feedback. However the picture I posted here is actually just a slice of my blog that I copied and pasted the blue margins on the left and right are actually much bigger than shown, and I can't make them any smaller as the banner area on the profile I am using won't allow it. Unless you want to teach me how to edit html code? ;)

Click here to see what I mean: http://freebbt.blogspot.com

o_mata1

Reaction score
the last version has a real web2.0 feel maybe a bit long you might wanna cut that down a little but yeah it looks good

the latest version that is

master257

Reaction score
its pretty good, but yeah much better without the text, maybe some blackberry themed text would go really well. Other-wise i wouldnt recommend anything fancy added.. making it smaller is good too

Last edited: