What do you think of my wesite re-maxx

stesouthby

Reaction score
Hi guys I have created this website its called re-maxx they create textile chemicals and I had to create and design the site I was also wondering do any of you know how can i get better SEO any help would be greatful :) so any comments on the site would be great the link is www.re-maxx.co.uk

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello.

I recommend not having a welcome page/splash page with a language selector. Most websites show the default language as the home page with the flag/language icons in the corner for users to select. And for the language labels, you probably would want to have the language names in the language itself instead of all English.

Also, try centering the flag icons.

I like the gradient in the footer, though I recommend trying to have the gradient flow into the background gray, so it would be red to gray.

Try adding some pictures :)

For better SEO, make sure you have an alt tag to all your images and make good use of H1 (Heading) tags. Your site name should be in an H1 tag. You can use CSS to hide the text from regular visitors:

Code:
.header h1 a {
background: url("logo.png") no-repeat;
display:block;
height:SETHEIGHT;
text-indent:-9999px;
width:SETWIDTH;
}

Using this CSS, add your site title in h1 tags. Change the CSS .header as needed. The text indent -9999px would cause the text to be hidden to regular visitors and show just the logo.

Search engines like Google use heading tags a lot in ranking and your site title should be in H1.

Last edited:

stesouthby

Reaction score
thanks for the advice i will get stright onto that unfornatly the background has to stop grey thats how the boss likes it i had it as a gradient to begin with but all other advice i will change :)

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,

Some basic editing suggestions:

The name Re Maxx is spelt wrongly on the home page everytime in the text.

The home page type size is too small

The white on red navigation area is blurred because of the letter size and choice of colours.

You need more white space between paragraphs on the other pages

What is the connection between the Selection bars and the Brands?

I like the language selection from every page , that seems to work very well, great idea

Best regards

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have to agree the font size needs to come up a notch, photos are also worth considering being worth a thousand words so the saying goes as would perhaps a map for visitors and delivery drivers.