What do you think?

jonline10019

Reaction score
Hi there, nice to meet you al. Loving x10 so far although my website seems to be loading abit slow at the moment, not sure how it's working for everybody else though as it may just be my internet.

Anyway, Could you tell me your thoughts on the site. I'm not as concerned with the template as I am so much with whether the reader (you) are able to understand what my website is about and how easy it is to navigate around my website.

Any comments would be appreciated. The website link is http://www.freeblee.com

Thank you!

shant93

Reaction score
The thing is, I can't understand what your website is about because of your template. At first glance, I see an apple.com inspired layout, punctuated with Apple-style pictures of Apple products and other things. If you see what I'm getting at, I can't get out of my mind that your site is about Apple products, even though it almost has nothing to do with it (unless I misunderstood). Your site would probably be more effective with a cheap crappy template you found off Google than a template so similar to the apple.com template.

jonline10019

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback I am considering just using my blog template now. I's just that I spent so long on my current template, it's hard to turn away now. Thanks again for the feedback

Zenax

Reaction score
Hey,

At first glance the design looks nice and clean and simple. It has nice clean cut images, with the content laid out in a good manner.

I can see where the previous poster is coming from in regards to do with the fact that it does seem to be centered around the apple theme, products etc. So perhaps a change in layout might be a worth looking into at some point.

The principle of the website seems to be to get people to sign up to a free service in order to recieve the free gifts, by completing surveys etc. I have always been wary of these types of website and have never known on whether to trust them or not.

Hope this helps,
Zenax

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
The theme looks like a copy of the iBlogPro CMS Theme by PageLines: http://www.pagelines.com/themes/iblogpro/ except it doesn't look like WordPress. The design is clean and simple with an easy to use navigation menu.

The whole website seems somewhat of an advertisement of FreebieJeebies. Is this site affiliated with FreebieJeebies cause from what it looks like, it seems like FreebieJeebies endorses the site and if it doesn't, there should be a little note at the footer about it.

Like Zenax above, I normally don't trust sites that promise free gifts in exchange for completing surveys.

Good luck!

funhouse0772

Reaction score
I like your site. I could understand what is is about.

I noticed you used the term 'pound' for money. Could you say 'dollars' in the UK, don't know if that is acceptable... or maybe you could say 'money'???? No big deal though. I'm in the US.

looks good:)

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice design, very similiar to one I'm working on at the moment.
You might be interested in the 'sliding doors' css menu it uses.

click here for a look

mjserv

Reaction score
True, it does look like iBlogPro4. Maybe put more products besides Apple or is this just concerning Apple products?

jonline10019

Reaction score
thanks for all the feedback, sorry i haven't been very active on here recently.
To Cybrax, thanks the sliding doors look fantastic on your website but i am trying to keep the website size to a minimum.
To mjserv: My main targert is apple products but I could just as easily change that
To funhouse: Thanks for the tip, i live in britain so i automatically used the pound sign but I shall soon change it
To joshua: thanks :)
To zenax and techairlines: The website is not affiliated with freebejeebies, I am simply playing the role of the affiliate who is getting people to sign up so that I can recieve gifts from freebiejeebies. I shall make that clear in the footer. Also, just so you know it's not about completing surverys, but rather completing offers. I know they are similar but i just want to make it clear that websites like freebiejeebies couldn't make profit of surveys (as explained in the how it works section).

Thank you for all your help everyone :)

Gonrah

Reaction score
Your site is nice but you are offering too much information that could confuse your users.
Try to reduce it and then you will have more happy users.

estevao

Reaction score
I've have nothing to say apart from great. Site looks simply great, very professional, functional and clean. Colour scheme is very good. Same goes for icon selection. 9 out of 10.