what do you think?

dyreplus

Reaction score
I think that the site is down :(
Edit:
looks like it's up now, but I can't really comment on much except that you picked a nice theme and that you should probably change the page title and name of the site to something more memorable than the url ("rain-vfx" in larger font and ".co.nr" in smaller font after that would help.

Just as a note, I have no idea what this forum is for... if you want to build a community of some kind, you should probably use a main page that has the info about the community or at least have an info page linked in your navigation bar.

Also, the site loads really slowly... not sure why since you're on the same server as I am (i think o_O)... but even after the first page loads, the others still load slowly.

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
zynischen,

Unfortunately, your site is a little too dark for my monitor. :(

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, it's a little bit dark in terms of font color. Background is OK but your text color should me a bit lighter to make it more readable.

I don't really understated your header image. It made me believe it's a gaming community.

Monster12

Reaction score
I liked the dark theme, Yeah and I guess you need to work on improving the readabilityof fonts as leviathon said.

From the topics in your forums I guess you are planning to have a programming and graphics designing forum. It makes me feel that the title rain vfx does not match the subject of your forum. If you have a related title it will help you in many ways.

Just a suggestion is to "mix the adverts with the content(posts) rather than Forum listing. Because it looks bad if its not intelligently done and also you dont get the most important clicks."

frankfriend

Reaction score
One thing needs` to be` done, the site needs to be accessible. It seems to be down.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If it's on Stoli than you'll just have to understand :) :) :)

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi zynischen,

I think you have a few things to do. Doint sit back and wait - you will have to sell your site, people do not just `turn up.
Why should they go to your site - there are thousands of similar ones.
What is the special quality or proposition you have?

The name is odd - what does it mean, it is not memorable , how does it relate to your aims?
The header is hard to see, and obscure.

The site is very hard to read - tiny white letters on a black background are nearly illegible.

So, just a few things to fix, keep on going!

The ads are intrusive, may drive traffic away.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
im not on the Stoli server

im on the absolute.x10 server and its quiet good

Just joking :biggrin: I'm on absolute too.

Back to the topic.
Your forum design is perfect for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :)