What do you use x10Hosting for?

What do you use x10 for?

• PHP \ MySQL

Votes: 730 73.4%
  • CMS (Joomla, Xoops, etc...)

Votes: 252 25.3%
  • Forums (SMF, vBulletin, phpBB, etc...)

Votes: 263 26.4%
  • Blog (Wordpress or other)

Votes: 352 35.4%
  • Python

Votes: 48 4.8%
  • Perl

Votes: 58 5.8%
  • ASP.NET

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lostcommander

Reaction score
Thank you very much for taking such an active interest in the detailed use of x10. I thought I would try to help some more by expanding on my poll votes in the hopes the additional description might be helpful.

I use my free account on x10 for my website (duh) which I use for 3 things:
1) an incubator for what I hope might be popular someday (in which case I would need to move the site to a paid account so as to avoid banning for resource overuse).
2) a platform to practice with pet programming projects.
3) a portfolio of my work.

I founded my initial site/domain on phpBB, using extensions and modules to integrate MediaWiki, WordPress, and other bits. I have also written things myself from scratch (integrated with the rest) in PHP with MySQL backend. Recently, many potential jobs I have been interviewing for have asked about Drupal, so I founded another site based on the Drupal CMS. It would be great if additional options remained open for potential future use (especially/specifically python).

Most importantly on the incubator idea, (I know I have not gotten there yet) I would hope that it is smooth and easy to move from free to paid hosting without negative consequences, and not too difficult to move back from paid to free hosting (assuming you get back under the free-plan usage limitations) if the website is not working out (not drawing enough traffic to justify continuing to pay for a paid account). Being able to hold a separate paid account in addition to the free account would also satisfy the above.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PHP, cURL and lots of tinkering with pet projects.

Tech support and features for even the free accounts is actually better than some mainstream 'Professional Hosts' in the UK I could mention.

franci.aux.petek82

Reaction score
I use x10hosting for Joomla! and it's great. It has good support and offers more functions than even some payable hosts.

The only think I don't like on x10hosting are MySql databases whitch have errors very often.

silversnakeeyes36

Reaction score
I use mine for a web-design portfolio, X10 hosting is the easy and simple solution to that.

In the future, I plan to upgrade to paid hosting, and use a CMS(The Secretary), Forum(PhPBB), and Blog(Wordpress).

ayel_lee66

Reaction score
I teach religion in a college at our place and I am making use of my website as a resource site for my students.

Gonrah

Reaction score
I use x10 to write something like online magazine for everything (music, cinema, sport, pc games, Intenet, software, hardware).To do that I use only four programing languages: PHP, Html, Javascript and CSS.I also use Wordpress to write articles in one specific part of the magazine called "Free mind" where I publish everything which has no other place to be posted.
x10 gives me everything I need.

jamx0383

Reaction score
I am not yet sure but I will basically use it for my different websites and see how it goes. If it functions really well as a free account then I would consider being a paid member and move everything here from dreamhost which has been giving me hard time lately.

thanks

ahu44

Reaction score
x10Hosting is amazing and I love it~
.*★*.
.*★ *.*    ★
★      *
★ .’
‘*.    .
` . .

1stseo

Reaction score
I host my blog, family site and photo gallery here.
Really faster than other hosts. I Like it

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I host my blog, family site and photo gallery here.
Really faster than other hosts like it

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Sadly, the useless terminator is actually surprisingly effective. I was slightly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.