What I have so far for my Guild Site.

SilentCivilian

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been working on a template for my RebirthRO (Ragnarok private server) guild site and I wanted to know what you all think of it. I think I'm going to use some sort of floral left and right border with some good blending effects. Just let me know what you think of it! Here's a preview of what I have so far:

http://rebirthro.elementfx.com/lib/tempprev.jpg

Of course, the site will be centered horizontally, so that doesn't need to be mentioned. I am going to start coding it into a WordPress theme once I'm fully satisfied with the design work. WordPress blogs are just the easiest to manage. :p

Constructive criticism only please!

Last edited:

curt15

Reaction score
I would:
Reduce the font size of the post title as it is over powering
Make the blue bar just below the header the same length as the copyright bar
Decrease the transparency of the menu, so it looks whiter, so that the menu text looks more equal, for greater continuity
Also, make the new member avatar smaller and move the text up to its right, that way you get more people in.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Apart from the blue bar underneath the header I think it looks really nice. Good Work.

intertec

Reaction score
Very nice! Good work! I really like it! Work on the menu and please tell me you are going to use rollovers for the menu links!

withambition

Reaction score
I like it a lot except for the transparent menu over the header. Try putting it horizontally below the header or something.

SilentCivilian

Reaction score
I thought about some of the suggestions, and I changed quite a bit. I did some more graphical changes to the header, just highered the contrast to make it look brighter, and got rid of the transparent menu and put it below the header.
Here's what I have now:
http://rebirthro.elementfx.com/tempprev.jpg

Tell me what you think of it now, C&C is appreciated! :)

curt15

Reaction score
That's far better :)

Try removing the underline for the menu links as none of the other links are underlined.

SilentCivilian

Reaction score
Thanks, and I'm pretty satisfied with the design for now, maybe I'll tweak it up in the future some time. Thanks for the C&C everyone! :)

kkenny

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty nice at first sight. If you follow the others suggestions I've looked at, it should be great ;]