What if I exceed the usable space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Then you can ask for having your account upgraded to unmetered and if you meet the following you can have your account bumped to the unmetered diskspace:

1. Account is more then 7 days old (we look at the cPanel account only for age)
2. Already use half the initial space, for legitimate reasons, in other word the space used up is used for the site on your account, and not used as filestorage for instance.
3. There's a working website.

simsbeta

Reaction score
Then you can ask for having your account upgraded to unmetered and if you meet the following you can have your account bumped to the unmetered diskspace:

1. Account is more then 7 days old (we look at the cPanel account only for age)
2. Already use half the initial space, for legitimate reasons, in other word the space used up is used for the site on your account, and not used as filestorage for instance.
3. There's a working website.
What do you mean by filestorage? My site hosts photos of users to tell stories about their Sims (The Sims) lives.
How do I request the upgrade?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for.

Filestorage generally refers to files that are not related to your website content. For example if your site was about your flower business and you had install files for Winamp, Napster and Winzip, those would be filestorage.

Status
Not open for further replies.