What is the best CMS?

coolguy0210

Reaction score
hey guys! what is the best Content Management System? I'm using Drupal but i still can't maximize its use coz i don't know how to customize it. Can anyone help me?(sorry for my bad english)

burner35

Reaction score
You should use Joomla 1.5 Or Mambo Open Source. These are the top CMS's at the moment.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If you like editing small things, Drupal is right for you.
If you don't like editing anything, Joomla is right for you.
If you want to edit everything, create your own CMS. :biggrin:
That's how I look at it. :)

aushol

Reaction score
I trying Joomla now. Simple if you are using the standards stuffs.

delon

Banned
Reaction score
I suggest you to use Joomla 1.5. It's the best you can find. It has variety of commercial as well as Non - Commercial templates and Extensions. And is best for any type of website.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I used Joomla, and it was pretty good. I also used one called XOOPS, which gave me a bit more control and room to customize, and had some really nice modules, but ultimately I felt limited. Joomla is good if you want a working CMS right away, but since I want more control, I'm writing my own a mini-CMS around the MyBB 1.4 Portal.

Last edited:

ccloyd

Reaction score
ya create you own cms then u can have anything you want as long as you know how ot code :p

souradipm

Reaction score
GG-Xtreme said:
Both of those can bridge with MyBB btw.
mkportal cant bridge with mybb 1.4 yet - i learnt that the hard way, since i used to use it and when it stopped working i made a site around mybb and its portal.

t2t2t

Reaction score
What, no mention of CMS:MS yet? It has the best template engine ever: smarty. It's seriously unfairly low-mentioned, for example I could include list of latest news items with their small descriptions and have comments included right of them (Want see that one pulled off by Joomla :p). True, it doesn't have module system, but you can just add in modules using {tag like this}

Reaction score
I used Joomla, and it was pretty good. I also used one called XOOPS, which gave me a bit more control and room to customize, and had some really nice modules, but ultimately I felt limited. Joomla is good if you want a working CMS right away, but since I want more control, I'm writing my own a mini-CMS around the MyBB 1.4 Portal.

Have you got a working mybb portal?

I was wanting to use this and create a site out of the portal with a few pages with content on with forums and other forum features; ie, an arcade, bank system and so forth to keep people on the forums.

kkenny

Reaction score
I have to love Joomla 1.5 and 3.0, it really saved me from coding a cms for this client which paid big money for his site. Really! If you hate Joomla, I highly suggest e107, it's a small but powerful CMS. And if you want to go the unorthodox path, I suggest wordpress. Yes wordpress as a CMS;]

chili5

Reaction score
I don't really like Joomla. I think Joomla based web sites look really bad, and it's obvious to tell that the site is using Joomla.

I don't actually use a CMS though. :) I probably should but I don't know any good simple yet powerful ones other than Joomla. I tried Joomla some but I really hate it.

allinone

Reaction score
i will go for joomla,.though e107 and phpwiki are good but good themes are available for joomla and its the easiest one.

excid3

Reaction score
my favorite is definitely joomla, tangocms is another new open source one that is excellent!