What is the name of the platform used on x10hosting?

schedul4

Reaction score
Hi there, I like that infinite scrolling down platform what is the name of it & is it available in the built in site scripts?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi-

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Could you rephrase your question?

schedul4

Reaction score
The Layout of the webpage how you can just keep scrolling down to see everything. What is the name of that platform?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, but I believe you're talking about what's called "Parallax Scrolling." It's just an effect created by webdesign.

schedul4

Reaction score
Yeah is that a platform in the softculous that you can install to your webpage?

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. It's just something you have to learn. It's a web design concept.

schedul4

Reaction score
Oh man, I wish that was a platform that you could script install. I thought it might have been.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Lifehacker used to use that. It made it difficult to use the site footer.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Infinite scrolling must be KILLED WITH FIRE.¹ But the effect on the x10Hosting main site isn't infinite scrolling, it's (nearly) parallax scrolling (where the user action is scrolling, but the UX effect is more like paging in the viewport.)
¹ The footer thing is bad enough by itself, especially since all of the most useful navigation will be put in the unreachable footer and nowhere else, but throw in the fact that you're downloading 82.7 gigabytes of media all of a sudden (that your mobile provider is more than happy to charge you for, but which is eventually rescaled to 3 VGA-sized thumbnails) because you had the effrontery to want to read the last paragraph of an interesting article, the fact that your scroll bar no longer indicates page length (not a problem for Safari people, who haven't seen hide nor hair of their scroll bars in a long, long time, and are used to mysteries), and so forth — not to mention the usual accompanying entourage of slide-in widgets to cover up what you're trying to look at, and the quasi-modal subscription dialog, which automatically gets replaced by a "would you like to give us feedback?" quasi-modal dialog when you tell it to go away and stop bothering you... why don't they just autoplay some overcompressed and very loud death-country/rap fusion played on an electric tenor kazoo while they're at it? But apart from that, I'm good with it.

thehave3

Reaction score
The infinite scrolling with a navigation at the top would work out just fine & the footer eh people can deal its not like its going to be 100 pages going down. But I like how it looks on a main page.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Good luck navigating directly to a certain section on the page. Infinite scrolling is style over function.

thehave3

Reaction score
Ive seen on a infinite scrolling page a navi that scrolls down with you as you go down & if you click on it it takes you to that certain point.