what is the worst accident that has happened in your town?

Steeevoe

Reaction score
Car battery exploded in a local garage put flames to a new part of the bussiness that was newly made. Only just got back in repairing it.

xPlozion

Reaction score
Mine is prob one of the several Oil Refineries in Delaware City, DE that had explosions. A very likely one though (which thank god never happened yet), is that there's TWO nuclear power plants over around Salem NJ, and I'm within 15 miles of there...

xPlozion

Reaction score
Maybe, but I'm fascinated by the Chernobyl disaster... seeing it in CoD 4 was the first time I've heard of it, because it happened before I was born. It's horrible seeing what happened to those in Pripyat...

You see what happens playing games like Fallout and Fear??? but to imagine what it must have been like in person must have been terrifying. BTW, I heard Sweden almost had a similar disaster several years ago w/ one of their reactors :eek:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Probably The Blizzard of 77. That shook my area for weeks and many things were destroyed. Look it up on Wikipedia for anyone interested :)

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention, the Flight 3407 crash two weeks ago in my area (not too far from here, about a half hour drive with traffic) also took place.

xPlozion

Reaction score
yea, what's w/ all these plane crashes lately? that was the one that killed all 50 or so passengers, right?

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
yea, what's w/ all these plane crashes lately? that was the one that killed all 50 or so passengers, right?

Yup, that was the one. It didn't touch me in terms of knowing anyone killed, but the news was spread throughout the world from what I hear. I hear that the house that got destroyed, they want to get some sort of company such as Extreme Home Makeover or whatever is on HGTV in the US rebuild the family's home that got crushed by the plane. But whatever has been causing all of these plane crashes, I've wondered myself.

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
Maybe aliens caused the planes to crash.
fail
3305109860_9a0ee48bcf.jpg

I hear that the house that got destroyed, they want to get some sort of company such as Extreme Home Makeover or whatever is on HGTV in the US rebuild the family's home that got crushed by the plane.

lol, Extreme Makeover, Home Edition is on ABC :p I don't know if HGTV has something similar or not...

2206_mourning_over_dead_friend.gif
Passengers: Flight 3407

PS. Both those smileys should be used on the site :)

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Nahh, it was the gremlins. ;)
One of our township buildings burnt down once (not too far from fire dept.), emergency plane landing (small cessna plane) and a tractor trailer crash. That's all I remember.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yeah, we've been having way too many plane crashes lately. I think that last one was due to ice build up on the wings and tail fin...

probably the worst accident in my tiny town was the time someone left a can of gasoline on their back porch in full sun and it exploded and set the house on fire and burned down the house and the next house and the next house, and the shere heat caused the siding to melt off of the houses across the street. It was NOT pretty.
All the towns for several miles around sent in fire trucks and ambulances and helicopters too, it was deafining for several hours. :( but we sirvived with out any damage to our house!

tds888

Reaction score
A bus crashed a couple years back, slid on some ice and went through some railings near a school. Not really that big but i'm from a very small town what can i say.

Steeevoe

Reaction score
We had a shooting and a double murder on new years eve but they are not really accidents

shifat9672

Reaction score
This was in tokyo, japan. (i lived there for 5 years)

My friend and I were going to the convendience dtore to get some snacks...

When we were trying to cross the road, my friend got hit by a bus and made a big hole in his scull. Some parts of his brain came out.
:eek:

THIS IS TRUE!!!!

theone48

Reaction score
The worst accident in my town is still happening. Me being in it.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Nothing at all ever happens in my village. We had some floods six years ago. That's about it.

theone48

Reaction score
Callum,

You've no idea how lucky you are. Floods here too. Plus fires, hurricanes, tornadoes. Not to mention man made stuff like murders, drugs, arson automobile calamities, neighbor disputes, riots, nude protests, crooked cops... I've seen what metropolitan living does to people, first-hand. I don't like it, and I'm not even in a very big city... imagine if I lived in Manhattan or LA. No wonder they invented antidepressants and all those psycho-inhibitors: to keep big cities from collapsing! If like me, you can live that life without drugs and not go crazy, you've got my vote. Personally, with all the scary things going on in today's world, I prefer somewhere nice and quiet; a place where perhaps I can call a guy named Callum my neighbor.

Last edited: