What is this how can x10 do this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitsinha54

Reaction score
Hello,

God knows whats going wrong with x10 after such a bad service they are suspending account without no reason

See this

http://i48.tinypic.com/25085xs.png

This is a screen shot which shows my account is suspended due to inactivity.

now see this

http://i47.tinypic.com/34nqouo.png

this shows my post in the community forms 2 days before account suspension.

How can 2 days become equal to 31 days

What is this give me my account back :mad:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Try posting on Free Hosting community support section or create a ticket. You won't get problems solved just by saying how unhappy you are. You have to do something about it ;)

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Try posting on Free Hosting community support section or create a ticket. You won't get problems solved just by saying how unhappy you are. You have to do something about it ;)

You also won't get problems solved by x10...unless its until you don't care anymore...

Anyhow, I've been here a almost a year longer than you and was staff a while back (long story) for a good few months and seen boths sides (staff & customer) and its not a pretty site. I did my complaining way back when I actually had accounts with x10 so I'm not hating on x10. I'm just saying they have had their many "I hope x10 does something about the support very soon" or "upgrades their servers soon" comments over the years and yet nothing (visible) has been done. Still same ol' x10 except they change their looks before I temporarily left for a while. However, they definately are WAY better than MANY of other free hosting companies, but I've seen better. Just saying, cuz I see a lot of posters whose posts go missing or edited after complaining. I'd actually give x10 a lot support if they just treated ALL their customers with more attention and with less server problems. Thats just my 2 cents.

Good luck x10 and I don't mean to attack you, leviathon.

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
You also won't get problems solved by x10...unless its until you don't care anymore...

Anyhow, I've been here a almost a year longer than you and was staff a while back (long story) for a good few months and seen boths sides (staff & customer) and its not a pretty site. I did my complaining way back when I actually had accounts with x10 so I'm not hating on x10. I'm just saying they have had their many "I hope x10 does something about the support very soon" or "upgrades their servers soon" comments over the years and yet nothing (visible) has been done. Still same ol' x10 except they change their looks before I temporarily left for a while. However, they definately are WAY better than MANY of other free hosting companies, but I've seen better. Just saying, cuz I see a lot of posters whose posts go missing or edited after complaining. I'd actually give x10 a lot support if they just treated ALL their customers with more attention and with less server problems. Thats just my 2 cents.

Good luck x10 and I don't mean to attack you, leviathon.

As far as the amount of server problems, back when x10 started, there were many more problems that had to be overcome. The datacenter move was to help with server stability. x10 is always working on getting its server stability as high as possible, even for free hosting. I can personally say that it has been looked into many times and the problems are being worked on.

(Also note that I was around when x10 had only a few servers, and I now know that they have increased quite well over the years - free hosting has always been a problem because users and account get removed and deleted so quickly only about 15% or so of the accounts on the free hosting servers will last for a year. (I don't know the exact amount, but that is about what you'd expect with accounts dropping and being suspended all the time))

The free hosting has always had abusers, as much as x10 keeps trying to remove them, there are still many of them out there. All we can do for now is remove those users and try to keep the service stable for those who do not abuse it.

The community advocate role is supposed to increase the amount of attention that our free hosting customers receive. When you don't pay for a service, and expect paid-quality support, there is something a tad wrong. x10 does as best it can to create a support system that resembles a paid hosting service's support while not charging the customer anything.

I, personally, believe that every day x10 grows stronger and more stable but that might just be me. It's always growing too, which effects the performance of the servers and the community, which grows with it.

Hope that helps, and gives a bit of insight on why things are done the way they are.

A side note: The fact that the account in question in the original post of this thread is no longer suspended speaks for the staff and free hosting service. If you post a ticket, you will get help, it may take a bit longer than a paid service (like x10premium) but support is given.

This shouldn't have happened, but it did. People make mistakes, software has bugs, and nothing is perfect. The right course of action in a situation like this is to create a ticket and request support. If you do not receive support in a reasonable amount of time, I'd say be as mad as you want, however, you must first create a support ticket to fix the problem. Note for the future, and for anyone who reads this.

Jake

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
This happened because the suspension was queued and you were inactive prior to May 16. It was a bug in the system that has been solved.

mattblog

Reaction score
This happened because the suspension was queued and you were inactive prior to May 16. It was a bug in the system that has been solved.

well after that just keep on going to the forums and participating. As long as you do that you will never loose your account to inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.