What OS (operating system) you use?

What OS (operating system) that you use?

• Total voters

z_killemall

Reaction score
I'm using XP SP2 and LinuxMint (a Debian-based version) in different partitions. Each one of them has strengths and weaknesses, so I decided to use both :D

alcramer

Reaction score
Lots of people run Windows XP and Linux in differant partitions. I thought I was going to do that too, but then wandered into a situation where I had to rehost a C++ app developed for Windows to Mac. So I bought a little IBook and discovered the whole thing runs under a Unix-derived OS (I think it's based on the BSD variant). It's a cool little machine: all the apps I had to download and install on the Windows Dell laptop (Apache server, Perl, etc.) comes pre-loaded on the Mac.

skyfire15

Reaction score
I particularly enjoy XP because Vista, in my opinion, sucks to a point and XP is way more stable. I do not like Macs because there is barely any Gamedev for them. And, just about anything runs on Windows. Thats my two cents worth.

SkyFire

FengFeng

Reaction score
Linux.Actually,it's Magic Linux,a famous linux in China.
Edit:
What??
ubuntu is linux as well~~~

Last edited:

athiwatc

Reaction score
Linux Mint is Ubuntu-based

Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and gobuntu is a Debian-based

Debian is a Linux-based

I am using xbuntu with compiz fusion

I am RIGHT!???

Augie

Reaction score
I'm using Vista, but I consider it wasted money, I loved XP more ...

Dazz

Reaction score
XP Pro SP 2, its the best I've used and I want proof that Vista's better before I upgrade it LOL. New OS's come loaded with bugs and problems, if MS want me to beta test it they can pay me for it instead of charging me to install an unstable release LOL

stillercity

Reaction score
I am using Vista and I am very happy about it. Its much better than my XP (then again, it had over 17 spywares on it).

DaemonS

Reaction score
If you seperate Ubuntu from Linux, then you should include all Linux variants. That my friend is a daunting task, as new vairiants are made everyday. I use Three operating systems on different machines. My server runs OpenBSD, my laptop Vista (waste of my time) and my Gaming Machine runs XP.
Edit:
Vista is a waste of money if you ask me. The OS is really intrusive when first installed. You double click on a program and it askes you if you want to run it. DUH, of course i want to run it.(I CLICKED ON IT!!) However, on the flip side it has somevery good firewall features.

Last edited:

eleifsp

Reaction score
I like Ubuntu Linux, but unfortunately it's not easy to use by itself, so I dual-boot XP Pro and Ubuntu, mostly using XP.