What OS (operating system) you use?

What OS (operating system) that you use?

• Total voters

agaitu

Banned
Reaction score
i am using windows xp now
i used both xp and ubuntu on different partition for some days and removed ubuntu because ,i could not mount ntfs partitions in ubuntu

knightcon

Reaction score
I use almost eveery OS under then sun. I have got 9 boxes at my place which I use as a development environment for my web development and web application writing and they each have a different platform running. I got a few Win XP Proffesional boxes, 4 Ubuntu terra-boxes, a solaris 9 box, and am in the process of getting Windows 2003 Server installed on the last box and working with IIS and Exchange Services. I have never even considered using Vista and will not use it until I feel like they have addressed all the major bugs in the system, I will be waiting until at least SP2 comes out, if not SP3

JustBringIt

Reaction score
Vista for the win baby :) , i also boot mandriva linux 2008 just to mess around. By the way my hardrive came with Xp on it but i decided to UPGRADE to Vista back when it was still Rc1 then went to Rc2 then to Rtm now its home premium retail and havent had any problems at all :)

Flagrama

Reaction score
I'm using XP. It has games. Yep that is about the only reason I have XP really, other than the fact that Windows is the thing I grew up on, so it just comes really simple and basic to me.

If I use any other OS it would probably be Debian, and I prefer to do that with VMWare. I'll usually use it if I want to mess around with some things for no real reason than to see how messed up I can get the OS.

cHaRuS

Reaction score
as for my job, i use windows xp, i'd rather to use an old red hat 8, or slackware, but, almost noone uses it at office,

Sohail

Reaction score
Mac is amazing! Vista is just a mad RAM eater!

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Linux and Windows XP

isyad

Reaction score
Xp is more stable Vista and Linux does not have good games

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Ubuntu Linux on one computer, Vista on my gaming computer (for DX10 and newer games), XP on my basement computer, and Windows 2000 on an old computer in the house,

amw_drizz

Reaction score
xp pro and vista on my main comp, vista on my laptop, and max os x tiger on my power mac g4. i prefer XP over vista, and the Mac OS X isnt to bad