What program you use to organize your musics?

What program you use to organize your musics?

• Total voters

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use window media player. i don't use it organize my music but i use it to play.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I listen with winamp, organize manually using windows explorer :p

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
I use iTunes since I have an iPod, plus I think it works better than Windows Media Player

Reaction score
Windows Media Player I don't like to install too many applications to slow down performance

Last edited:

theislandcrew

Reaction score
foobar2000.

I could use Zune but it uses 10 times as much memory as foobar2000. I mean, I just want something to play music in the background. 13K memory with foobar looks like a sweet deal. :)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Tack another Winamp/filesystem name onto the list.

I may be a bit weird, though -- I don't have any "songs" in my collection; I deal exclusively with complete albums. (Sure, there are "songs" on albums, but the folder hierarchy is pretty obvious with albums as opposed to loose tunage.) And I only have a handful of MP3s -- whenever there's a choice, or whenever I'm transcoding my own albums, I use FLAC (both on my portable player and on computers). I can hear the difference between a VBR or 320Mbps MP3 and a FLAC, but that probably has a lot to do with the kind of music I tend to listen to (baroque, small combo jazz and the sort of rock and electronica that make a lot of use of spatial effects -- think Pink Floyd and Enigma). Psychoacoustic compression doesn't quite get the nuance of spatiality right.

Winamp makes it easy to work with both my oraganisational style and my preferred file format; I'm sure it would be a bear to work with if I had a few tens of thousands of unrelated tracks to deal with.

Last edited:

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have a RCA mp3 and I just convert Youtube videos/music to mp3 and transfer them to my mp3. easy as pie

Reaction score
I have a RCA mp3 and I just convert Youtube videos/music to mp3 and transfer them to my mp3. easy as pie

there is an opensource downloader that can directly download Youtube videos in formats and quality you like. FLV, MP4 , MP3, Webm.......
no need to convert.

Last edited:

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
there is an opensource downloader that can directly download Youtube videos in formats and quality you like. FLV, MP4 , MP3, Webm.......
no need to convert.

There is a YouTube ToS that says that's illegal: http://www.youtube.com/static?gl=US&template=terms

Section 4-A said:
You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without YouTube's prior written authorization, unless YouTube makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service (such as the Embeddable Player).
Section 4-C said:
You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.

:p

adam.k

Reaction score
iTunes, mostly because its what comes with OS X but also because it syncs all the stuff I need with my iPhone