What should be a website for???

bilal855

Reaction score
I want to create a website that makes me a regular profit of $70-80/month but I dont have an Idea that what to make the website about? I mean to say that what should be the website's topic so that people may find it interesting.

P.S: If you dont have an idea than just dont post foolish comments.

winlux

Reaction score
Well... short answer forget about it. No offense. A lot of people have very good websites that have the ability to make money but are free. To make the money you have to come up with an idea of something that you are good at. The problem with that is that it is difficult coming up with something like that. But like many businesses, they offer crap but are good at marketing thus saving their behinds. There is no such thing as easy money.

malfist

Reaction score
To make money, you have to have something worth selling. People arn't going to give you it either. If I had a way to make that much money, do you think I would give it to you?

Besides, you have to be passionate about your work to do it well, and to make money you should atleast start off doing well (looks at microsoft) but once you get going you can slack off.

Mekryd

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to say that approaching the problem from this angle probably won't yield favorable results. You should probably think of a website as a way to push goods or provide services, and build a site for those, rather than look for goods and services to push for a website. It's one of those buying the cart before horse cases.

That aside, selling things like clever or unique t-shirts is usually a relatively simple market to push into, it seems, and doesn't require the same technical or creative manpower and man-hours it takes to do something like, say, create a successful flash games site.

But then again, if your heart's not into it, you probably won't see a profit. If your heart is into it, you still won't see one for a while, until you break even.

networker

Reaction score
Yes.The idea has to come first.If your idea is that good you might
not even need a website to sell it anyway,but have one just for extra
promotion.
What Im saying is that you need a product people want.That has to come first.

kkenny

Reaction score
Worry about getting an idea and the backends up first before focusing on profits from your website.

You should go like this
Idea > Design > Startup > Ironing out small bugs > Advertising > Get your website community to be big > then the $$$ comes in

Ad hosters like googleads are good at giving you at least some form of cash, or you could use those click ad accounts such as bux.to and get your community to sign up and click so you get $$$ from referrals and what they click on.

Just use your imagination.

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
I have read that fanblogs of a particular product that hasn't been released yet (like the iPhone blog) are a great way to go because you can make money promoting products that have to do with it (IE cases, etc..) but you have to pick one that isn't already taken.