What to get for Christmas

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
So yeah... My family keeps asking me what I want for Christmas... and I have no idea what I want. I mean, a nice laptop, or a server rack would be nice - but that's out of the question.

I'm already getting a $1500 cruise to Grand Caymen/Mexico.... but I don't know what else I want.

Any ideas for what to get a geek for Christmas?

Just a little background:

I'm a geek
I am a musician
I do web design
I do all sorts of computer stuff (coding, fixing, etc)
I will NOT be able to get something super expensive, like a server rack, a new PC, etc.

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
I'd like to tackle this from the musician angle, but I need to know what instrument you play. Guitar? If so, how about a nice, MIDI-controllable guitar effects unit? Behringer makes some nice but surprisingly inexpensive units.

nexhunter's already suggested headphones; good, noise-insulating headphones are an absolute boon to coders.

What about a good keyboard or mouse? Das Keyboard, for example, may be a little expensive, but some other peripherals aren't.

How about something geeky but small to mess with people who come into your office/workspace? ThinkGeek has tons of cool, geeky stuff that's perplexing to outsiders, but useful to me and you, such as this binary clock.

--- Mr. DOS