What was your first gaming machine or pc

loreon

Reaction score
My first machine for playing games was an acorn electron (tape based games) or you could program dos games into it, it lasted a few years until i brought a zx spectrum+2 :)

My first pc was a 286 with windows 3.0 and a whopping 250mb hd i think (2nd pc had 0.79gb) lol how things have improved :)

wodongax

Reaction score
We played Noughts and Crosses in the dirt..
Then I upgraded to Marbles..

Years latter I could afford a calculator, that I was able to hold upside down and use numbers spell words..

Seriously, a Cyrix 300Mhz CPU, 8Mb VGA, 128Mb Ram, King of the block performance back then.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
My first gamingmachine or PC was a nintendo 8 bit :)

Me and my sister did get that together for x-mas when it was kinda new on the market, long time ago now. We still have it and it works even

silverbird775

Reaction score
My first gamingmachine or PC was a nintendo 8 bit :)

Me and my sister did get that together for x-mas when it was kinda new on the market, long time ago now. We still have it and it works even
Thats just so typical! Nintendo was the most worldwide spreaded gaming system ever created. Strangely enough the clone i got for x-mas was much better then original console in just every aspect. It was also known for an unique hybrid PAL-NTSC mode with PALs enchanced resolution and full NTSC and PAL compatibility. When i got familiar with the original console i thought it was a cheap clone :rolleyes:, much worse ergonomic, usability and looking. Yeah... that was my child times i believed the Taiwan is some japanese island, :eek:, so to me it was japanese made but it was not.

krofunk

Reaction score
c64 with a green screen, I think I only had like 5 games. I do miss the text based games though.

Someguy2

Reaction score
First gaming machine:

- A simple PS2 (console)
- A Pentium 3 machine (PC)

First Computer:

- Pentium 3 (that I used)
- MSI CR420 (that I owned)

transpsy

Reaction score
My first machine for playing games was an acorn electron (tape based games) or you could program dos games into it, it lasted a few years until i brought a zx spectrum+2 :)

My first pc was a 286 with windows 3.0 and a whopping 250mb hd i think (2nd pc had 0.79gb) lol how things have improved :)

Trash 80 (TRS-80) chess game. Later Atari 130XE, first PC had a NEC v20 chip, I think that was a 286.

dturton40

Reaction score
My first PC was an Intertan 386 SX running at 25Mhz, It had 2MB RAM and a 40MB Hard drive, I remember upgrading a DX maths co-processor, one of its special features was its 512kb VGA card. No CD ROM Drive because they weren't invented till a few months after I got it.

Prior to that it was everybodies favourite, the Commodore 64, with the dual 5.25" disk drive, ended up with loads of tape cassette player for it as well, also had the commodore dot matrix printer.

steronius

Reaction score
tandy1000.gif
Tandy 1000.
Christmas present when I was 15 yrs old.
20 Megabyte Hardrive purchased 2 years later for $700+
Games from Radio Shack / MS-DOS+BASIC and coding straight from print magazines, hell yeah! Those were the days, LMAO.