What would you improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney

Reaction score
I'd like an e-mail alert warning me if my account is about to be suspended because I forget to login to the forums.

CEOZacMoore

Reaction score
I'd add some more services like Microsoft Exchange hosting, Domain hosting (by which i mean, Host the domain but don't actually register the domain just do hosting for it), DNS hosting (as in don't give them a domain or subdomain just give them backup DNS), maybe some kind of Remote access (like LogMeIn)

Last edited:

GangLand_game

Reaction score
One minute crons should be enabled. Everyone is offering up to 5 minutes but x10hosting should be different and give users with free hosting one minute cron jobs.

rockthecasbah

Reaction score
- A more visitor-friendly suspension page. I get that people are probably not gonna know why their site is down and know to check their suspension reason elsewhere so it has obviously got to include a link or mention to that somewhere on the page. But it can be less prominent so that visitors who stumble across the site for the first time can see something that isn't so meant to be seen for just the admin of the site.

- I know this is meant to be tackled in Corey's updates but the random suspensions can be a tad frustrating. As I mentioned once before, it seems to be completely arbitrary. I can be doing the exact same thing 100 times -not at the same time, of course- but the 101th time I do it, it gets my site suspended and sometimes for 30 mins and sometimes for hours. Stuff like activating a theme in Wordpress or editing a theme or activating/deactivateing a plugin, etc.

(But mostly I would LOVE less downtime. I am on cossacks and I use a website monitoring service to track its status. As of recent memory, it seems like it's been going down every day. This week actually missed a few days but today I got another email that it was down for a few hours. And these downtimes were so on-going that I always check these forums after I get the alert and there isn't always a mention about serve maintenance and hence to be ready for downtime.

My hosted site as of now isn't really DO OR DIE in terms of having to be up 100% but before, I had my portfolio/resume site on here for job hunting and THAT site had to be up as much as possible due to potential employers visiting it.)

Thanks!

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
One minute crons should be enabled. Everyone is offering up to 5 minutes but x10hosting should be different and give users with free hosting one minute cron jobs.

That would be probably horrid. The server would crash more often and ya know...

Ability to edit CNAME records.

You have to do this through your domain provider, not x10.

id say maybe give us option to run gaming servers...

You'd have to do this with a VPS. Obviously not free.

I have one suggestion, and only one. My suggestion is to make x10 give more options for ad packages, not just the basic banner, text ad and no ads.

frutsel

Reaction score
what i want to be inproved?
more languages.( im dutch and i got suspended for using my site in dutch... )
1 more ad enhanced server so the load on stoli is spread ( less down time in result )
more staff adminś that can reset servers when they lockup
and so on :)

Archkronos

Reaction score
A better way to report abuse.

I've had no word on a abuse report I sent in a few days ago. Although the site appears to be dead.

VictorV

Reaction score
Dear Corey

It would be nice if we can change our main domain in the cpanel, and It would be great if you can change the account managment panel in the main website to a more professional one where administrative tools could be found like the DNS check..., and all the other stuff, metioning that the management panel got some bugs in it that need to be resived!

Thank You and my best regards

Yours Sincerely
Victor

tesyoo

Reaction score
to improve search
change the default to Threads instead of Posts, everytime i have to type some weird in the search box to make to go to search homepage to change to Thread. when it post it will list alot of them and i dont like it.

also suspended site
if the site is suspended redirect it to another site that can only have plain word in it explain what happen also include a link in the bottom for user to the unsuspended site. this way the site visitor will know what happen and wouldnt think it close and never come back again. The plain word can be written by the user.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
to improve search
change the default to Threads instead of Posts, everytime i have to type some weird in the search box to make to go to search homepage to change to Thread. when it post it will list alot of them and i dont like it.

If you go to "Advanced Search" and set it up how you would like. You can then "Save Search Preferences" under search now.

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
you should be able to run perl scrips outside the cgi-bin also,
or be able to browse to webpages inside that folder
BAD idea. If you want you can set up a redirect so you don't see the "cgi-bin" in your address bar, but this is set up for security reasons.

I'm creating this thread to get an idea of what is most important to our community. Please post one thing you would like to see us either improve on or add.

Corey, I know you said one, but I would like:
+ As noted by others, some suspension cleanup
+ The new forum takes longer to load (I like the old one)
+ Possibly offer basic web templates

In general, the site is great; I do like the ability to earn rewards by participating :)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
First, I say the email message prior to suspension and a customizable page for suspension with a link requiring the admin to enter the cpanel login to view the suspension reason. This would be a lot more user friendly for visitors.
Next, I would be good if the status server's login could be tied up with the cpanel/forum login, so that it would be easy to view the stats.
Finally, an IRC or Jabber server that we could use on some of the website could be great!

Last edited:

freenetter

Reaction score
I'd like to see a more detailed and helpful user interface on the forums.

Instead of having to go through each thread I need to keep track of and having to subscribe to it and get email updates, why not make a little space on the top of the forums where, once a user is logged in, they get notifications that a thread they opened has been replied to, or a an AJAX popup slides in and alerts users to new thread/post activity? Much better than subscribing to threads I reckon. More convenient.

I'd also like to see an extra button on Support Threads created by users that lets them flag their issue as 'Resolved', or 'Still Needs Attention'.

I find that when I create a support thread and an x10 staff member replies once, then I ask another thing in the thread, it takes a while for a staff member to come back to that thread and reply again. Having a 'Still needs attention' flag or something like that would be extremely useful for support threads.

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

FalseHope

Reaction score
The availability to register more Top Level Domains like, .ca, .me, etc...

JuniorD

Reaction score
I really like x10. Yet I think it would be much better if it had a lot more domain names to choose from to host your web domain. These would be simpler, such as abbreviations of something of meaning to the x10 community. This could just be something like yoursite.x10.com. or yoursite.x5x2.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.