Whats faster Xbox 360 elite or Ps3

naynesh

Reaction score
Does anyone know whats more reliable.The Xbox 360 or The PS3.
The reason i want to know this is because my step brother wants one.I have an xbox 360 but i dont have a playstation 3 and have never played on it.

So does anyone know whats faster for loading and chat out of These 2 powerful consoles?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hello there,

I don't know which one's faster as I've used either console properly; but what I can tell you is that ny nates have found that the PS3 is a lot more reliable than the XBox 360. 3 out of the 8 people I know who own an XBox 360 have had problems with the read light of death as it's been dubbed, whereas I know nobody who has problems with the PS3, although only 3 people I know own the console.

Microsoft do repair or replace the consoles if you send them back to them free of charge however, so you shouldn't worry if you buy a 360 and it does break; you'll need to phone Microsoft Support and pray they're open. It takes them about 4-6 weeks to fix your console if you're in the UK.

-Luke.

Zenax

Reaction score
I have had my xbox 360 elite since before christmas 2007. I have had no problems with the console since I brought it. Yes microsoft do a fix and repair service. Another solution to if your console breaks would be to take it back to the place you brought it from and most of the time they will replace it there.

As for the PS3, I cannot really comment as I have never used the console, at all. One of the problems I first saw with the PS3 when it came out was the price, which I thought was pretty hefty for a next generation console.

However, I believe that they have come down in price since then.

my choice would be the 360 due of the amount of content available on XBL as well as the awesomness of some of the games such as Halo 3, which is exclusive to xbox 360!

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I own both a 360 and PS3 (40 GB model), and I can tell you that the PS3 feels incredibly sluggish compared to the 360. I'm trying to sell the chunk of hardware to get my money back.. there are currently no good games that will keep me playing that console.

The PS3 is more reliable, but I figure as long as RRODs on the 360 are fixed for free, what's the harm if the 360 is a more enjoyable console?

VPmase

Reaction score
The 360 is faster since it doesn't have to read 25gb - 50 gb discs. The blu-ray reader is slower than a normal dvd reader.

tnelson

Reaction score
to be honest i ain't really sure, but i prefer the 360 anyday to the ps3.

Always preferd XBOX over PlayStations.

rayvyn

Reaction score
I believe that Xbox 360 is fatsre that PS3 due to the speed of the DVD reader in X360 and PS3

PS3 decompresses their blue-ray discs at a much slower rate that the Dual layer DVD of xbox 360

and as far as reliability their about the same, I had a x360 elite and ps3 40GB model, personally i havent had issues with them yet, and i play around 10-15 a week on each console

kkenny

Reaction score
I'd have to say xbox too. Ps3 may have less break reports, but that may because people don't use them as much and you spend most of your time waiting for the load compared to the xbox.
So speed wise Xbox 360 sweeps the ps3.

Clinton

Reaction score
There is no real speed difference. It varies per game. Simple as that.

kkenny

Reaction score
There is no real speed difference. It varies per game. Simple as that.

Nope.
DVD loads faster than Blu Ray. HDDVD loads faster than Blu Ray. Haven't you used any of it? There really is a difference genius :D

imaran

Reaction score
Nope.
DVD loads faster than Blu Ray. HDDVD loads faster than Blu Ray. Haven't you used any of it? There really is a difference genius :D

wrong to an extent...many ps3 games give the option to install on the hard drive, which may take 5 minutes in most cases at the most. once you install, load times are way below the 360's load times in most cases.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
wrong to an extent...many ps3 games give the option to install on the hard drive, which may take 5 minutes in most cases at the most. once you install, load times are way below the 360's load times in most cases.

He's not wrong at all. The 360's DVD drive reads data a lot faster than Blu-Ray discs. Blu-ray is read at a slower rate. That's why many games require an install so that they can be comparable to the 360 counter part. Most are not "way lower", that depends on the game.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I wonder where some of you get your information. First of all, HD-DVD has nothing to do with game loading speed because Xbox 360 games are not made on HD-DVD's. The HD-DVD has become extinct as of February 2008. Second of all speed difference is hardly noticeable and mostly dependent on the game. Third, installing a game on the PS3 hard drive takes little effort and instantly puts the PS3 ahead when it comes to speed. Fourth, expecting a Microsoft product to be reliable is like expecting Master Chief to walk through your front door and hand you an energy sword in the next 5 minutes. Before I continue, I'd like to mention that the only console I own is the Wii, because I am a PC gamer and don't really like consoles for several reasons. Games aside, I feel that the PS3 is the overall better console. I can deal without Xbox Live chat, because I'd be fine with a headset. Anyone who has gone the HD way *cough*cheapest Blu-ray player you can buy*cough*. I find that its media aspect is also above that of the 360 (especially if you have wifi and a PSP). I refuse to pay to play online, especially when non-Xbox versions of multiplayer games are the same on other consoles with the free option, and I'm a huge fan of mods, another thing I would never pay for. Also, first person shooter fans get mouse and keyboard support to leave joypad users in the dust. Technology-wise, the PS3 should outlive the 360 (dubbed '4D gaming' ready). And the ability to install Yellow-dog Linux is a plus. Sorry to get off topic so much, but in the end, the PS3 is slightly slower than the 360 when it comes to disc speeds, a lot faster when using the hard drive, more reliable and better in a lot of ways. However, usually the deciding factor is the games available and the 360 still has the lead there (though the PS3 is quickly catching up).

Last edited:

imaran

Reaction score
He's not wrong at all. The 360's DVD drive reads data a lot faster than Blu-Ray discs. Blu-ray is read at a slower rate. That's why many games require an install so that they can be comparable to the 360 counter part. Most are not "way lower", that depends on the game.

depends on the game I guess, the few I've had installs on have been pretty quick in comparison...but perhaps some others aren't.