What's Your Computer Called?

fractalfeline

Reaction score
RIP Tesla. She was a good laptop, even if born with congenital anomalies. Her heart kept giving out, and I kept trying to resusitate her... but when the seizures started I decided it's about time to pull the plug.

Anyhoo, backed up her consciousness to the external harddrive, which I named Alia. I have a new PC now, that I named Jessica. I'm considering renaming the PC Vladimir... hrm..

ddcddc

Reaction score
I call my computer: quantumblackholereorganizer... because I'm using a quantum computer to do just that. grin.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Never thought of name, but sometimes I call them

Desktop: Compu

Laptop1: Lappy Pink

Laptop2: Lappy Black.

shawntc

Reaction score
My previous computer was called Omnicron. Its two hard drives were Sigma and Kappa.

My current computer's name is Sigma. It has two hard drive partitions, named Sigma and Kappa.

I *had* an incorrect type of router when I first tried to get my home computer hooked to the Internet. I named it Solomon. Now I use a wireless USB adapter named Ezekiel (although I threaten to call it Jonah if it messes up). My new RAM stick is called Zacchaeus, because it's so small.

mr. zzz

Reaction score
My current job is a much larger conservative company, so all our machines have boring meaningless numbers. However at a previous job they were all StarWars themed - 'C3P0', 'R2D2', 'Chewbacca', etc. I've also seen mountain names in the past - Rainier, Everest, Fuji, McKinnley, etc.

eliasr

Reaction score
Update:

LInux (Fedora 13-Beta): Bodysntacher
Windows(Windows XP): Ventanas
Virtual Windows (over Linux): Castaway

mattblog

Reaction score
OMG, I FORGOT THE NAMING PROCCESS!!! Everyone calls him "no name".