Whats your internet quality & speed?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have attached an image of an NDT speed test since those are far more reliable (they test only one person at a time). I did however run a Ping test to the lowest pinging server.

10811482.png

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    63.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

slacker3

Reaction score

i don't think speedtest.net gives accurate results, my ping is far worse in reality..

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score

-- And thats making it look good.

Didn't I ask you to get a free boost to 1Mbps a year ago? :biggrin:. Looks like you need to get a problem fixed too. Time to start shooting PMs back and forth.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Well My ping result is best so far.. :p

but my speed is not good

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Wasn't mine a bit better than your result Boss? I had a 31ms latency to the best server server with 0 jitter. Your server however was much closer.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Wasn't mine a bit better than your result Boss? I had a 31ms latency to the best server server with 0 jitter. Your server however was much closer.

That is also same problem with my server. Ping servers are far and speed test servers are nearer. :(

I am getting best Internet speeds but not the ping tests.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score

lol

I did not notice yours... Well you beat me :p

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Have to love the way the Internet works I suppose. Ever since a few years ago, the nearest servers to me Geographically when you try every possible route are in NYC. I really miss the local peering I had a few years ago where I'd ping 6-7ms to local servers. Now if there were servers in my area that close to me, that would be awesome.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I hope to get a better one soon cos I'm sharing my connection with everyone else in my house :(

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
actually he/she beat you ^ lulz
the SpeedTest.net one says 9... but the Pingtest, isnt so good lol

Speedtest server is in New York, NY
and pingtest server is in Washington, DC

That is the reason I think

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I hate my ISP, Charter. They suck soooo much. My ping is far far far far far worse than that.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
That speedtest server is hosted by his ISP in NYC. The Washington DC server isn't owned by his ISP however I'm sure there is a better server in NJ or NY which would give him better results.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You should know that ISP allow more resources to speedtest servers (they give you your actual speed only for those type of website). Anyway, here are mine:

BTW, speedtest and pingtest are the same. They use the same software (only slightly differently branded). http://www.ookla.com/speedtest.php

Last edited: