Whats your Web Design Project?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
What is your current web design project. No matter how small, what ever you are being hired for or making yourself. Post your work! I am building my High Schools sad web site. Because I have nothing to show yet, I will post my under construction page. The link is in my siggy. NO bashing please.

Ps: My under construction page is surrounded by x10 adds, check it out =)
I recently figured out the margins don't display properly in IE, so please us FF.

PPS: The PHP script was throwing errors all last night (10/8/08), but I fixed it today.

Last edited:

Agenator

Reaction score
Well I'm working on hand coding a wordpress template for a class project. While its almost done, its not even close to making it online XD. So theres my 10 C worth.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Other than my personal webpage that is pretty much done and to which I only add content now and then, I am making a role-playing game, turn based and set in a medieval-fantasy world I created and which I am also using to write a novel. Wouldn't serve any purpose to post the link here as it's in French, but I do hope to make it bilingual at some point (gotta figure out player interaction though).

Scripting in PHP/MySQL with some JavaScript in between (mostly just for confirmation messages and fancy design).

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Other than my personal webpage that is pretty much done and to which I only add content now and then, I am making a role-playing game, turn based and set in a medieval-fantasy world I created and which I am also using to write a novel. Wouldn't serve any purpose to post the link here as it's in French, but I do hope to make it bilingual at some point (gotta figure out player interaction though).
Send me the link (I am a french speaking native) I'd like to take a look!

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I plan on writing a bunch of game walkthroughs, reviews, cheats, and putting them online so the world can see.

freecrm

Reaction score
Getting on error.

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file because No such file or directory in /home/mtwinkie/public_html/index.php on line 52
1 :IP_Log.txt:
Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mtwinkie/public_html/index.php on line 62

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mtwinkie/public_html/index.php on line 63

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
You should try to use lighter images, they take forever to load...

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I'm trying only to make my personnal website, using joomla, notepad, photoshop and my html knowledges to understand.. the last websites I made were only done in photoshop and notepad so I had to adapt quite a bit for this one.. it looks good now and I think I'm starting to love the potential of joomla.

Sohail

Reaction score
Mine is to finish the template for http://tutorials.sohailtech.com/ to match http://forums.sohailtech.com/, but that's the small project, my huge one that I've spent half a year developing is the 'widgets project' basically users will be able to move around, customize and do almost anything with the widgets on http://sohailtech.com/, they should be able to change background colours and chose widgets from a menu then login which will log them into the forums and tutorials site too automatically, it will also save any customizations, widgets and positions. You can have a look it now you will notice we just need to create a lot more widgets, then login system then I'm done.

timur

Reaction score
I am learning database flash intergration through php and mysql. When i can figure that out, I will make random games with scoreboards and such, just something fun to learn and maybe useful later on.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hum, could a moderator please remove the links from my post on page one? I can't edit for some reason, the link doesn't appear...

natsuki

Reaction score
I'm making a Manga Reader thingie (should that be manga viewer) but it's still waay too far from completion. At the bare minimum the core is set up so it should work. You can see the progress so far here: http://test.kiddragon.co.cc/manga no bashing pls xP. I don't have/made graphics yet that's why everything looks plain. I'm starting my RPG project too. I think it's more exciting than the manga reader.^^;

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm making a website for my new business (wish me luck) Hanlon Web Design.

I almost finished the layout. :p

I'm gonna post a png of it here when i'm done... well. not in this thread, but on the webdesign forum.

natsuki

Reaction score
The manga reader thingie I'm actually going to use for my own site.^^ But that can be done too. Actually, anyone can use it, all my stuffs are always totally free. GNU GPL License.
http://test.kiddragon.co.cc/manga

The RPG is something like an animeish (Ragnarok but with art instead of sprites) with jobs system and a scripting engine (planning to use Lua dunno if it'll work) and some forum based (like gaiaonline?) I actually don't have much of a concrete idea yet. But it's a browser based RPG that's for sure.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
well im gunna start making a dictionary soon... its personal but is the dictionary opensource? So i can then put it on the web :D

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
The RPG is something like an animeish (Ragnarok but with art instead of sprites) with jobs system and a scripting engine (planning to use Lua dunno if it'll work) and some forum based (like gaiaonline?) I actually don't have much of a concrete idea yet. But it's a browser based RPG that's for sure.

Sounds good. I didn't know about Lua, from what I saw on Wiki and comparing to what I've seen at my job, it looks like ASP to me. But I liked the part where they say that Lua functions can return multiple variables (how I hate PHP for that :p ).
I don't think I've ever seen any Lua webpage before though... What is the extension? Does it work well with MySQL? (I'm not planning to move to Lua, just curious ^^ )

freecrm

Reaction score
My site is a free CRM site (surprisingly!) - CRM standing for Customer Relationship Management.

There are plenty of supposed "free" versions on the web but nothing that allows completely unlimited access and users and nothing with as much functionality.

This is my first major project and its still in Beta but is pretty cool.

Anyone who knows about and is interested in CRM should take a look. Anyone who doesn't and isn't ... shouldn't! :)