Where are DNS Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmprox10

Reaction score
I've had my domain and name servers here for a couple years, but now I need a subdomain. I tried adding it as a new one, but I get an error that it already exists. That means I need to edit the DNS for that subdomain, yet I can't find a way to do that anywhere. Not under My Websites, not under Domains, not in File Manager, and nothing under Support...?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

What domain name are you trying to add? :)

Thank you,

fmprox10

Reaction score
fms.fmprosolutions.com

The problem is that I can't find anywhere to edit any of my DNS entries, but I am definitely using x10hosting's name servers.

jensen

Reaction score
From your CPanel you can add sub-domains, no need to edit DNS for subdomains.

fmprox10

Reaction score
In my case, the sub-domain already exists, but I want to change where it points to. So I need to edit the CNAME, I guess. There's also nowhere to delete subdomains, so I can't use that to start over either. Or what if I need to change my MX records when I change what mail service I use. How did I come to use x10hosting as my name server if it gives me no control? I have to assume this was all here when I set up my domain here...no?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like "fms" is pointing elsewhere in your DNS zone settings. To change this, you will need to switch to cPanel x3. Please choose the "Switch Theme" tab in the top-right corner of cPanel, and then "Switch to cPanel x3". You might be asked to sign in again. Afterwards, you should see a link to the "Advanced DNS Editor", which you can then use to change the CNAME on your subdomain.

Thank you,

fmprox10

Reaction score
THAT's what I was looking for. I hadn't thought to change the theme, as I'd assumed that was just colors or something. Thank you very much!!!

jensen

Reaction score
Thanks. I've learnt something new.
Domain points one place while subdomain points elsewhere. You learn something new everyday :)

fmprox10

Reaction score
Thanks. I've learnt something new.
Domain points one place while subdomain points elsewhere. You learn something new everyday :)

Just as an explainer: I have a subdomain set up that directs to my home network to make it easy for me to remote desktop in. Another subdomain points to a shared server I use elsewhere to manage some data. Another points to my mail service on gmail. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.