Where can I see the hosting version of the database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theengli

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to upgarde my moodle site to the latest version to try and fix some problems that appeared after the account migration, but I don't know where to check if the hosting meets the requirements for the latest release:

Requires: PHP 7.1, MariaDB 5.5.31 or MySQL 5.6 or Postgres 9.4 or MSSQL 2012 or Oracle 11.2

I know that the php version is fine, but where can I find the version of the database?

theengli

Reaction score
Also, I don't know if I need a sperate thread for that:
I wanted to compress and download my public_html folder (as I always do before upgrading as a backup), but I can't. I get the message:

An error occurred while creating the comressed file
/home/theengli/public_html is hard or symbolic link

What does it mean?

theengli

Reaction score
Also, I don't know if I need a sperate thread for that:
I wanted to compress and download my public_html folder (as I always do before upgrading as a backup), but I can't. I get the message:

An error occurred while creating the comressed file
/home/theengli/public_html is hard or symbolic link

What does it mean?
I think I managed to compress and download my public_html. Turns out what I see in the Root folder is just a label, but you have to open the domain folder, then theengli folder and there you can find the public_html folder you can actually download. In the previous cpanel it was in the root folder.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you log into phpMyAdmin it will tell you the version on the right hand panel. We pass that requirement well enough though as we are running MariaDA 10.0.38. I did notice when I looked that the phpMyAdmin link under "extra features" currently don't work, but the link you can find under "Mysql management" does

The public_html folder you see as you enter filemanager is a symbolic link, which can be described as it being a shortcut (will open the public_html folder of the default domain when clicking it).

theengli

Reaction score
If you log into phpMyAdmin it will tell you the version on the right hand panel. We pass that requirement well enough though as we are running MariaDA 10.0.38. I did notice when I looked that the phpMyAdmin link under "extra features" currently don't work, but the link you can find under "Mysql management" does

The public_html folder you see as you enter filemanager is a symbolic link, which can be described as it being a shortcut (will open the public_html folder of the default domain when clicking it).
This is what I got, when I tried to upgrade:
probs1.jpg probs2.jpg
But now this is probably the least of my problems, compared to data loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.