Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
XMPlay for me; freeware, small, and replaced Winamp for me when Winamp was having issues staying stable for 4+ hours (they've since fixed whatever was causing it to crash, but it was already replaced by the time they fixed it - why go back if another program is doing the job?)

ssdtonoy

Reaction score
Windows media player rocks. Let them win and make a different option for them.

kriztov

Reaction score
I prefer winamp for music, but Windows Media Player Classic for video. Thats thanks to the codec pack I got

adamlinux

Reaction score
I really like vlc for music and video simply because it has the broadest range of file formats that it supports.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I use:

WMP- Just for playing simple sounds
iTunes- Music
VLC- Streaming video/audio

Noodles8

Reaction score
WinAmp here. I would get issues with WMP during cpu or member intensive tasks, and the music would fade, cut, chop, hiccup all the while. Got WinAmp, and never looked back. The features, size it takes up, and resources it use, make it far superior to WMP.

adamlinux

Reaction score
I Use foobar2000 as a Itunes substitute, It's far superior and much more customizable that Itunes could ever be. Try it if your looking for a good Itunes replacement.:biggrin:

nterror

Reaction score
When I used Windows...

Foobar2000 for playing music. Lightweight, powerful, highly customizable. Yes the default skin is barebones, but I only saw it when I changed playlists. It usually hid behind full screen apps like games. Foobar has a useful feature call global hotkeys (some other programs have this, but didn't work as well). With it you can Play/Pause/Skip/etc without alt-tabbing.

Songbird (better than iTunes BTW, with a slightly similar layout) for managing my library.

Media Player Classic for playing video (VLC used to be good, but they changed too much).

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
If you install a codec pack for WMP, it works better and faster than most out there. VLC is good to, but I enjoy a fancier GUI in my media programs, and one as strait forward as WMP.

xPlozion

Reaction score
i use mplayer on linux for videos and rhythmbox for my audio and amarok when i want to listen to xm radio.

with that said, i've got vlc installed right now on windows, but i may install mplayer for my video purposes. also, when i'm on the web viewing mpg and stuff, quicktime takes over, but i was happy w/ mplayer-plugin on linux to handle all streaming videos :D

also, wmp is too bloated, just like zune. and don't say that "oh, my computer sucks then", cause last time i checked, 4gb ram and a 2.4ghz quad core proc (still haven't oc'd it yet) doesn't suck, but the software that is "bloatware" does.

Last edited:

agroup

Reaction score
i like Windows media player
Windows classic media player
and Power DVD Player

owner83

Reaction score
I am using WMP 11 with K-lite Codec Full installed. It's better than other audio players. Now it can play any kind of audio/video format.