Which Computer do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeColeWH

Reaction score
Since I'm a BIG fan of question/polls (not really), which computer do you think out do the other?

(1)PC
(2)Mac
(3)Unix

I've only had a PC, but I always wanted to try Mac because I heard there's only two known virus that could actually hurt it and it's much better as well. However, I hardly heard anything about Unix..

Lancer

Reaction score
If your such a big fan of polls, why didn't you make one?

Anyhow, (1)PC. I'm a gamer, anything to do with games works better on PC's then any other system. Except for servers, which generally run better on Linux rigs.

LeColeWH

Reaction score
Yiou're right, I shoud make one. I'll try to remember to do that (hopefully).

anhct

Reaction score
Mac for graphic
(now using laptop HP with Vista, not very bad)
Unix, I don't know anything!

saioke

Reaction score
if linux had the ability to run windows applications and games well them yeah id pick linux for one.

i only like windows because of the games. i tried ubuntu before and loved it but went back to windows because gaming sucked on it. theres not many viruses for lunux either.

fhariyadi

Reaction score
Personally I prefer PC for main usage. After that I would buy MAC as my secondary computer. Can not live without PC after all..
However for server purposes I will choose UNIX :D

max1x

Reaction score
Depends on what ur using it for; how much "tweaking" do you like to do; i.e open source vs proprietary information.

coastie65

Reaction score
Definately Unix/Linux, snice I'm a big Open-source fan. Second choice, PC, third choice, Macintosh

Tau_Zero

Reaction score
I've used for an extended period of time Mac OSX (Tiger and now Leopard), Windows (3.1, 95, 98, ME, 2000 NT, XP, and Vista on a friend's comp), Linux (Ubuntu, Hoary Hedgehog and Breezy Badger).

Windows: Vista is garbage at this point, stay with XP. After using everything else, I've done a clean install of XP, installed BARE minimum utilities, and use it as a pure game machine. It only wins in games for now, as EA and I believe Id have announced future developing for Mac.

Linux: Powerful as hell, but with great power comes great responsibility. It has come leaps and bounds with the apt-get repositories and such for installing software, but it's still not as easy as windows or mac. Configurability is the name of the game, allowing you to extract every ounce of power out of your system and customize your experience to your needs. The open source community is fantastic, providing many great and free alternatives to common software. Still lacking in the game department though, and proprietary drivers can still be wonky (I'm looking at you, ATI)

But, my OS of choice is hands down, Mac OSX. It's a good balance between ease of use, power, and eye-candy. Leopard is certified as fully Unix compliant as well. Installation and uninstallation of programs is easy as dragging an icon, freeware looks and performs great for the most part, and it's feature rich and fairly configurable. I use this for everything other than gaming and I've never looked back since the switch.

HomerJ

Reaction score
Mac OS is a Unix (used to be FreeBSD based, now Darwin, both are Unixes).

Unix is awesome if you aren't overly accustomed to Windows.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I heard that Unix and Linux are more for security and servers than for gaming and normal programs. Mac is more user friendly but is not good for games, plus everything is made for PC's. PC's are the best for gaming and everything else. I have only used PC's and Macs and I love PC's.

Last edited:

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
Mac, with OS X 10.4.11.

Windows based machines generally suck due to the crap that Micros**t think we need in our day to day lives.

If I was a gamer, then I would have a Windows rig, and as for Linux, I don't have time to sit down and learn a whole new operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.