Which Computer do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoMe

Reaction score
I prefer either PC or Unix, not much of a fan of Mac.

PC- mostly gaming and basic usage
Mac- Video production or music production
Unix- Easy for making a server

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
I like PC because everything else doesnt come within a first century mile of it. Mac doesnt have anything including viruses, Linux is great but where are the programs? None of my software and games are compatible with anything else. Its also nice to know that a problem i have with my pc other people around the world are having it.

Macs are only good for business and even then are a bit overkill

I love the PC (i also make and sell them :))

Jesse

Reaction score
Although i prefer laptop, but at home i prefer to use pc...(you can upgrade it as much as you like ;))

worldwise001

Reaction score
Well, PCs and Macs are architectures. Mac and Unix are operating systems. Unix can run on PCs or Macs, and come in various derivatives. Like Linux, FreeBSD, Minix, etc.

Personally I prefer PCs over Macs. I dual-boot most of my systems with Windows and Linux, as I alternate between gaming and developing.

Mac, with OS X 10.4.11.

Windows based machines generally suck due to the crap that Micros**t think we need in our day to day lives.

If I was a gamer, then I would have a Windows rig, and as for Linux, I don't have time to sit down and learn a whole new operating system.

Actually Linux isn't that hard to learn now, provided you do a GUI-baed install initially and start from there.

polls

Reaction score
i really like ubuntu but i cant play computor games on it so i have a duel boot environment

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Mainly PC, as games don't run the best in WINE sometimes for Linux, and MAcs, well, you can run them but you need Parallel System for Windows or something if you want to play non-Mac games. If you're thinking about cost, however, then I'd go with Linux as it's mostly free. Macs, for Video Production and office work.

Kieran G

Reaction score
PCs, but would use Linux/Unix more if it could run Windoze apps. Currently I have a dual boot of Windows XP Pro and Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon but only use Ubuntu when I can't be bothered to wait two hours to load something only to get an error message.

koolkid4521

Reaction score
i prefer a mac because it is more user friendly and you can install paralells or vmware and install windows inside of that so you have both

hatbocs

Reaction score
I prefer Windows of Mac. Everything I would need on a mac I can get on Windows so there's little need for me to spend way more on a computer than I need to.

I've been wanting to make the switch to Linux (I ran dual boot with Red Hat 9 for a while), but don't want to give up the programs that run in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.