Which IDE do you use?

Which IDE do you use most often for your web development?

• WYSIWYG (Dreamweaver, Frontpage, ...)

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Text Editor (Notepad, Emacs, Nedit, ...)

• General Programming IDE (Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, ...)

• Other (State it in the thread)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I tend to use Photoshop, Dreamweaver and XCode. I haven't bothered to set up a deadicated IDE for any of the languages because XCode works so darned well and I have gotten used to it. It seems as though I'll have to get Eclipse set up again for a class though. Ughh... I hate working with the setup of the thing but once its set up its pretty good.

stardom

Reaction score
I use Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and notepad. Im not really great with graphics so I just use Fireworks for basic images and menus. I then send everything over to Dreamweaver which is connected to my site. Allowed me to edit in real time. If I am just editing a small page or just a small amount of code I will pop out notepad for it is lighter on resources and faster to launch. I am still sort of new to making a layout in Fireworks and then sending it to Dreamweaver.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I always use notepad. Originally, I would edit html with notepad all the time, and after doing that for a while, I've basically memorized all the html tags, CSS options, and all that good stuff. I am learning how to use everything about Dreamweaver in a class (which I don't exactly enjoy), but I still find notepad the easiest method. The only useful thing about Dreamweaver imo is that you can use the split code and design pane for fast updating and preview, but other than that, notepad just seems more worth the price. Even so, if I had Dreamweaver and I could pick between the 2, I'd just use notepad because Dreamweaver takes a while to load up :shifty:

locogeek94

Reaction score
I did use Dreamweaver when I first started out a few years ago.
Then I switched to notepad++ and pspad.
I currently do my coding with 2 free resources:
IDE: codelobster php edition
Text editor: bluefish
I work with php, javascript, xhtml, html and css.

diogr39

Reaction score
I used netbeans for java and it went well.I use notepad++ for php and I also use vb2008 to
make programs.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I use Eclipse for Java Development. Notepad++ for PHP development and others.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
I use all the ones you mentioned XD. I'd have to say I use VS the most though since I design alot of windows apps for my workplace to keep everything in order. I'll go with eclipse second for my minecraft plugin coding too

Shadow121

Reaction score
I use PHP Designer from MPSoftware. I've used Dreamweaver though I don't care for it that much.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I use Geany for my web stuff (php, javascript, css, etc.), MS Visual Studio for everything that supports (C++, C#), and Eclipse for java