Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
I use both Windows XP and Ubuntu. They both are very useful and great.. I will love to have a Mac but later not now. As for Vista is concerned I never liked it, i used the trial version given by Microsoft and i am not satisfied by it.

SkuToV

Reaction score
I have an unnatural hate for microsoft (I'm supprised Bill Gates doesnt have devil horns) but I use Windows XP for 3 main reasons:

• Most games and software I use won't work on anything else without a huge amount of efort and time on my part;
  • Windows XP is more reliable than Vista, it's also much cheaper.
  • I have a Windows XP home disc that will work with 99.9% of computers I insert it into.

Mainly, it's because I'm too lazy to get all my software working in linux. :dunno:

I still think Microsoft is rubbish though.

Andolamin

Reaction score
I like Windows Vista, but am currently running the official beta of Windows 7, which I like significantly better than Vista. However, I used to run my own web servers which I used various linux distrobutions for. (Fedora Core and Debian).

Criptex

Reaction score
I donno much about operating systems... lol. but I'd be nice if Hopkins and this rich guy.. what's his name... Gates... make a operating system together.. jaja. sorry I think I'm sleepy
Edit:
I like Windows Vista, but am currently running the official beta of Windows 7, which I like significantly better than Vista. However, I used to run my own web servers which I used various linux distrobutions for. (Fedora Core and Debian).
If you don't mind... can you tell me where you get the beta of 7 please?:dunno:

Last edited:

deaddevil

Reaction score
I liked vista but it is resource hungry, xp was my all time favourity.
But currently am working on linux systems with red hat linux enterprise edition. Linux is cool, too.
Will also start using ubuntu and mac after maybe some time....seems mac has the coolest looks!!!

Haavdwee

Reaction score
I preffer Windows XP. On 2th place Windows 7 Beta (build 7000) because it is very stable and fast

gali98

Reaction score
Ubuntu! I'm actually surprised Vista got as much support as it did. I would take XP any day....
Kory

Parsa44

Reaction score
I prefer windows xp even though i am running on vista, vista seems to be for computer noobies XD

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Ubuntu! I'm actually surprised Vista got as much support as it did. I would take XP any day....
Kory

I'm surprised that XP is even still around, given the major improvements that Vista brought.

Sorry XP users, but I see no reason to stay in the dark ages.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm surprised that XP is even still around, given the major improvements that Vista brought.

Sorry XP users, but I see no reason to stay in the dark ages.

Vista has nicer graphics. The Aero theme is totally cool. But XP is much more stable.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I've never had a stability problem with Vista, and plus, Service Pack 1 helped with that, just like it did with XP. I have had it running slow when I ran a buggy application, but after killing it it went back to normal.

Jordan C

Reaction score
By far, Mac OSX Leopard. I currently don't have it, but I will soon. I like anything Mac!

If I didn't have a Mac, I would say XP, I've tried Vista, but XP is much better. I was tempted to use Ubuntu a few times, but ended up not.

fsericl

Reaction score
I never have a compatibillity with the recent softwarebut all the old game I have a problem to use it.
Exemple : X-Com UFO is not running at all under XP.

xbeast

Reaction score
ubuntu is good. runs fast. very stable with overclocking. as long as you are not dying to play commercial games ubu is fine.

Dave8128

Reaction score
I would have to say Windows 7,
But, that's not an option. =/

I'm a big fan of Kubuntu too...
So, I'll go with that. =]

ejweb

Reaction score
A fried showed me Windows 7 Beta and it looks good but not sure how stable. I've been using XP for many years including OS X 10.4. But because of computing and programming, I would say for myself it is OSX 10.4. But Apple needs to be careful as I've experienced some problems/issues with it a year or so ago dealing with the s/w on the OS not that compatible with my hardware. It was a pain.

westview

Reaction score
Windows 7 is very stable, am a microsoft tester, gone through M1, M3, 6933, 6956, 6981, 7000 and 7004, never crashed once post-M3 :)

kirtik

Reaction score
I really like Vista. W7 is practically the same, except it's crashed on me more. The short time I had Ubuntu was good, except there weren't any drivers for my graphics card or wifi.. D:

cowctcat

Reaction score
well windows vista sucks and i cant change the os on my computer so i resolved to sticking fedora 9 into virtalbox and using that all the time i also downloaded the windows 7 beta today it seems better by a long shot

REBEL21

Reaction score
i agree windows 7 is very good although i still prefer windows me and xp faster, and more secure!

Status
Not open for further replies.