Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKamat

Reaction score
I prefer (and use) Windows 7. It's faster (including quicker booting), more aesthetically appealing, better performing (with a good system :D ) and most importantly has DirectX 11, which I'm looking forward to gaming on in the future (given I'm a hardcore gamer :D )... Go Win7! :)

stitchrokcs

Reaction score
I personally like Windows7 mainly for school and gaming, however I have heard good things about Ubuntu but it wont support most of the game I play and it doesn't support Adobe CS Products like illustrator so I really cant do much without those so I'll be sticking to windows for a while longer. Ubuntu (I've heard) is also very good with security and protection from viruses and other malware plus its more reliable that windows which BSoD can be common with, that and Ubuntu is free while W7 can run you close to $200.

Of course with Google Chromium OS in the works with a legendary 7 second boot time, my mind may be changed :p.

Last edited:

ajaykt

Reaction score
Windows XP is the best for all whether the person is newbie in computer world or a well experienced. As in XP everything works better whether it's an application, software and game you just enjoy it on XP. And those who have good knowledge of Linux Ubuntu & Redhat are the best options.

unocoleader

Reaction score
Definitally for playing, it stays as WinXP. Other works I do with my PC, then it's Ubuntu. I'm using both in my "own" PC, but it's shelved now because of broken motherboard.

Why it's XP and Ubuntu? First of all, XP has propably the best compatibility at this point when it comes to gaming with pc (I play exactly few games with it, tho). Ubuntu wins with all the tools and possibilities it brings with it. Ubuntu is "ready-to-use" coding platform, as example. Or home server. You can do all MS Office stuff with Ubuntu as well. SQL and all other similar hostings work just great on Ubuntu. And if you need to use Windows software that isn't translated in Ubuntu or other Linux platform, you can use Windows emulator. Doesn't even have too high req's.

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I use windows 7.It is best, it is more reliable than windows xp or windows vista.It also provides greater security and super set of embedded softwares, such as bitlocker, readyboost, mediaplayer 12 and nice on screen keyboard and magnifier.It supports directx11 and is a powerful gaming platform.Unlike vista aero is not a showpiece here it is used in ease of access softwares to provide greater quality.The best example is magnifier, I don't have eye problem but I often use it.
I never tried mac because it requires you to buy a apple pc.
I love ubuntu.It is very good operating system with ready to use embedded softwares like open office and gimp image editor.It is faster and efficient than windows.Only negative points are support of games and some propriety hardwares.So in present scenario windows 7 is best.

vekou

Reaction score
for desktops, i would prefer win7, much more secured than winxp. i don't worry about program compatibilities with win7 because winxp also started like that back in 2001, with less applications supported than the mainstream win9x.

but for servers, i won't trust windows, i would prefer linux, preferrably ubuntu.

michaeldjtan38

Reaction score
For the jobs I use windows xp, it takes care of every needs I have minus the downsides on the development core, but with few patches, it's perfect for me. But on gaming, I love windows 7, it boosts and squeezes the very last drop of my video card and produces extreme graphics. But for some nerdy work I love to hit ubuntu, very stable operating system and it is the most versatile of all out there. Lastly, OSx is my choice, for professional productions, no one can beat it at the moment, with the technical support and the strength of the OSx. I'm glad to try them all.:)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
The best is Mac O.S but I love linux :)

No one liners...

Anyways: it depends on the situation. If I'm doing video editing, I obviously go and use my girlfriend's Mac. If I'm hacking or going for servers, etc, i use Linux (ubuntu, centOS, etc) Anything else/general use, windows xp pro, or windows 7. (or Ubuntu Desktop edition)

All os' have their upsides and downsides, which makes it radically difficult to choose a "favorite."

Also, y'all saying mac OSX is your favorite: you do realize it's Linux-based, right?

Kinight40

Reaction score
I'd have to say Win7.

Windows 7 offers the customization capabilities of no other windows version. It is just elegant for PC gamers, as most games are being updated to include little windows 7 bonuses. The one thing I would try to fix is the cost, as $100 for an OS is alot...

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, y'all saying mac OSX is your favorite: you do realize it's Linux-based, right?

WRONG.

Mac OS X is Unix based. So is Linux. So saying Max OS X is Linux based is like saying that people give birth to their own siblings.

~Callum

Kinight40

Reaction score
WRONG.

Mac OS X is Unix based. So is Linux. So saying Max OS X is Linux based is like saying that people give birth to their own siblings.

~Callum

Even more wrong! Mac OS X is based off of BSD. BSD is different than linux.

paint2010

Reaction score
I prefer Windows XP. I never had any problems with gaming and Windows XP is the stable OS. Windows 7, on the other hand, is not as stable. I have some driver problems, solved when I use 16-Bit and use the default version. Simply, although Windows 7 may be better in appearance and graphics, Windows XP is the best OS I used. I have Windows 7, though, at the moment. It's starting to grow on me over time.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Ubuntu. Free, easy to use, extremely stable, open source. The system, along with the large number of programs and resources available, is very capable of doing everything I want my PC to do and more. Currently the OS is immune to virus, spyware, and malware. No anti virus / anti spyware software available for Ubuntu because it is not needed. There are not many games available for Ubuntu so if you are a gamer this will be a problem, but I am not big game person myself.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Ubuntu. Free, easy to use, extremely stable, open source. The system, along with the large number of programs and resources available, is very capable of doing everything I want my PC to do and more. Currently the OS is immune to virus, spyware, and malware. No anti virus / anti spyware software available for Ubuntu because it is not needed. There are not many games available for Ubuntu so if you are a gamer this will be a problem, but I am not big game person myself.

ClamAV is available for Ubuntu, of course people consider it redundant.

nandifamily

Reaction score
There are not many games available for Ubuntu so if you are a gamer this will be a problem, but I am not big game person myself.

As far as I know, I have successfully run Windows games like Need for Speed, Grand Theft Auto series and Counter Strike properly with wine. So if you know how to configure your games as such, you will have no problems switching to Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.