Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilzxx

Reaction score
While I'm one of the few who liked Vista, I enjoy Windows 7 very much.

gauravs9085

Reaction score
I like Ubuntu distribution in linux Distributions because it has large userbase and community, never had problem with ubuntu.
I still use xp cause i like it

diethylamide

Prime Account
Reaction score
Windows 7, just because I'm used to Windows. (Virtualbox to run Ubuntu if I need to)

deeahn.gee24

Reaction score
Windows 7, Of Course.
Runner-up would have to be Windows XP and Ubuntu

All 3 Of The OS's have really good interfaces, Windows 7 Is A HUGE improvement From Vista. Im Very Supprised To See Windows Vista Higher up in the votes then 7. But oh well.

tristarsoft78

Reaction score
I have to go with Windows 7 :biggrin:

Windows xp was stable, Vista was flashy(and buggy). Windows 7 is great, and I have not had a single issue with it so far.

nuwanpra

Reaction score
I like Win7. It has all I need. I just change from ever favorite XP 2 months ago. So far no big issue to me.

I tried Ubuntu. But It was not helping me to anything. Giving another heavy work load only.

MacOS I have no idea. Once I become rich enough to buy a entire new system to try it then I'll try it.

gluxon

Reaction score
Ubuntu. Free, easy to use, extremely stable, open source. The system, along with the large number of programs and resources available, is very capable of doing everything I want my PC to do and more. Currently the OS is immune to virus, spyware, and malware. No anti virus / anti spyware software available for Ubuntu because it is not needed. There are not many games available for Ubuntu so if you are a gamer this will be a problem, but I am not big game person myself.

Could not have said it better myself :D

Really, the real reason why linux isn't a platform for gaming is because game publishers don't target their game for linux. Instead, they go with the operating system leading the market share, which will lead to the most amount of profit.

Open Source makes all the difference. Mac OS X and Windows will never beat Linux/*nix just because of it's license :)

D

dWhite

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Yeaaa :D

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Ubuntu. Free, easy to use, extremely stable, open source. The system, along with the large number of programs and resources available, is very capable of doing everything I want my PC to do and more. Currently the OS is immune to virus, spyware, and malware. No anti virus / anti spyware software available for Ubuntu because it is not needed. There are not many games available for Ubuntu so if you are a gamer this will be a problem, but I am not big game person myself.

Wrong. Linux does have viruses and malware, just not as many as Mac and Windows does since it's got such a low spectrum of the OS market.

technogramp98

Reaction score
I love linux. I use it for everything. However i have to have a windows machine, i have a win7 and winxp because i need those to help in repairs of my side job.

I have used many distros of linux. I have nearly tried them all. I like gnu.Gnu is like god to me, i dont like X versions of anything in linux.

my main focus when picking a linux distro is it needs to be quick, lite, customizable, easy to use, and have all the web admin tools i can need with all the servers to boot. I know most of them have web admin and its tools, however i prefer ones with easy to install/uninstall and easy to get to the files.

I have to have all this for many of my jobs. i have it all set up to do 3 different employers of mine, plus my own business. from time sheets to payroll to customer invoices.

Linux is win for me.

efrenbautistajr99

Reaction score
We all need to cope up with new trends.. :) so i prefer windows 7.. how can we improve them if we dont try them.. :)

Reaction score
My vote gone for Fedora it's really easy to handle less virus affect able. Even I am using Windows Xp right now. but I love fedora and linux.

euanspam36

Reaction score
I voted Ubuntu although I personally prefer Debian. Meh, pretty much the same thing.
I have to use Windows 7 because I am a wannabe graphic designer and I need Photoshop. I am also a bit of a PC gamer as well.

remadeus

Reaction score
My vote gone for Fedora it's really easy to handle ... but I love fedora and linux.

An important note

The difference between linux distributions is smaller than that between windows flavours (which are different OS's). Fedora & Ubuntu are both able to compile the same programs, provided that the required shared libraries are installed on the machines.

Therefore it's incorrect of the poll designers to consider different linux distributions as different operating systems.

Last edited:

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
Windows XP all the way! I've used all the windows that were released, the most stable in my opinion was XP. ;)

~John

Reaction score
It's tied for me between Ubuntu and Windows 7. Would love to put OS X in there too, but I never use it, so...

rimjim_bristi200549

Reaction score
Windows 7 for me. It fits all my needs, and it's amazingly fast and stable. I'd even go as far as to say that Windows 7 is the new XP 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.