Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lgpc9724

Reaction score
windows XP is great! i dint encounter any problem running under this Operating system. very easy to used, best for beginner and novice.

creastery

Reaction score
Running Windows 7 on my MacBook.
I like Mac OS X Snow Leopard as much as Windows 7, just that most of the games are only compatible with Windows 7.
Ubuntu is cool too :)

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i say XP all my games work fine i'm content with it.
Not a system hog, decent interface
Vista: nagging and system hog
Leopard: u gotta buy PC just for that, if i had the cash
Linux: Interface?? missing to me

In the poll Ubuntu option includes Edubuntu, Xubuntu,....

XP has got all established modules.Every new games company has people who worked in big companies and on windows platforms.
SO more games and more options.
But keep an eye on GOOGLE Chrome too.As it says..google has the habit of leading in almost all field in due course.
On mobile devices android may lead in not time.
What say.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Windows 7, but only 2 of the laptops at home and at school the computers have Windows 7. my laptop, which used to be my mom's, uses Windows XP

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows 7.
The reasons are the support and active updates.
Also Microsoft has created two documents that take a comprehensive look at Windows 7′s unique features and benefits for the user. Just a warning that they are both long reads, but they pretty much cover any major specific aspect of Windows 7 that you may want to know about.

The first document is the Windows 7 Developers Guide and can be downloaded here

The second document is the Windows 7 Manageability Overview and is primarily targeted towards IT professionals.

These two are helping programmers to manage their OS more effectively.
Though I support opensource like Linux,personally,I feel Windows to be a United one compared to disintegrated groups of Linux programmers.
Hope some day,one big GOOGLE will come with the top opensource OS.

maxvmh25

Reaction score
MacBook and iMac, both running Mac OS X Snow Leopard, wouldn't want anything else :)

Also have an old Packard Bell laptop running Vista and an old desktop running XP. I've used Ubuntu and Debian before. I liked Ubuntu, but since Mac OS my computer skills degraded fast. But since I have a MacBook and iMac, I hardly ever use them. ever.

asia.intech98

Reaction score
Ubuntu and Windows 7 in double boot. Both at home and at work.

Mostly use Ubuntu, and only boot with Windows 7 for Adobe Illustrator, or some games basically.

I'm sure Ubuntu will become widely used if they keep improving it the way they did the last few years!

Lot's of fun to come!

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't think of a day without Windows XP.
Though it has 2^32 memory limit, it has worked fine for me. (and for others too I hope so!)
I think I'll give it a run for money till 2014 (End of Extended Support).

Now, reasons for sticking to XP are many.
Best hardware support for many different types of hardware devices (include generic devices too).
Windows 7 x64 has a good support too, but at cost of atleast 1.5 GB of RAM compared to mediocre 512 for XP!

I had an Intel MoBo with G45_x4500XHD IGP, whose HD capabilities weren't supported until now* by Linux.
So, there was a “drag” when using VMs in Linux.

So, why not move to Linux now* completely?
Can’t! To dissemble you need native environment and if you edit VM config files, they will cause a drag.
So, back to square one! Huh?

Now, a word or two on “world’s most advanced OS ever”?
Ring a bell? Mac OS,duh?

(and a duh for a duh)
It is so… so highly overrated nothing else.

For example, when it started using GPT/EFI, it used to mock Windows for using MBR (which it still does).
But, it’s own GPT/EFI implementation was ridiculous.
Ever heard of x86 bit binaries for x86_64 supposed-to-be technology EFI, they did it.

Even when world (servers and few HP laptops) was using UEFI 2.*, it used EFI 1.1 with 32 bit binary and mocked Windows for not being advanced.
May be it was one of the many other nefarious methods of keeping “upgrade needed” slot wide open.

I rest my case here for Mac OS X, as I could continue for eternity!
PS: I have the “pleasure” of having an Apple MacBook Pro with OS X Snow Leopard, which Apple claims to be the most advanced OS ever.

So, What after 2014? Or what if more VMs are needed now?

Then, probably, it is going to be Windows 7 x64 or Fedora x64.

No,Ubuntu !
It has copied (got inspired…toma-to …to-matao…whatever) from Mac OS X.
The Dock, the aurora looking desktop image,etc.

Thanks !

supanut200042

Reaction score
I prefer Windows 7.
It has a lot of features. A bit slower than XP, but that's acceptable.
The feature I like the most was the search function:smile:. It is much smarter than the search function in XP.

wolfboy13

Reaction score
Personally, I go on pretty well with Debian Linux. Besides, it's the only distribution that comes with the good-old GNOME* or KDE 3.5** :))

* In later releases of gnome, GDM has been changed so the nice skinning went kinda impossible.

** KDE 3.5 rocks!

(PS. At work I tend to use Windows XP and my secondary computer runs on Windows ME. Personally I get on far better with Win9X far better than with XP and later)

fj.whittle79

Reaction score
To me, Microsoft keeps churning out the worst looking Desktop OS (that's a subjective opinion, you don't have to agree with me) with underlying systems presented by professional failures. Just the other day I spent hours trying to fix a problem on a Windows 7 machine, making no progress, and then suddenly it seemed to fix itself, but I have no idea how. What am I supposed to do with that?

I did used to have a Mac, but that was for the hardware. When they went Intel.... The oversimplicity of Macintosh operating systems always has been, and always will be annoying. It's like the OS believes you're a lower form of life who couldn't possibly understand it, while at the same time failing to be any good at anything apart from being shiny. Aristocratic OS?

Large amounts of Linux (both the kernel itself and the operating system components) seem to be written by complete amateurs who can't even check their code for memory access issues as they go. Any time there's an update, you must scramble to avoid the chance that it will blow your entire system away – though distribution maintainers seem to be good at doing this for you these days. On the other hand, I can make it look and work how I want. As such, I tend to end up running heavily customised Debian systems.

All operating systems suck.

Last edited:

henk506673

Reaction score
windows 7 for my every day things but ubuntu for my powerhungry tasks such as music and film making

htech

Prime Account
Reaction score
I find that Windows 7 is the best for everyday tasks on desktops and laptops.
I have a copy of it on my desktop computer and with my six-core processor and 4GB RAM its super fast. But on my netbooks I have Windows XP, because it performs much better with lower resources.
Windows 7 is a huge improvement on previous versions, but XP still has some life in it yet, until Windows 7 can be optimised better for netbooks.

ilikecookeez14

Reaction score
I've only ever really used Windows XP and Windows 7 regularly. I've used XP for longer, but I personally like Windows 7 because of the interface. I hated it at first, but once I got used to it it has been great. Some things bother me about Windows 7 because it's missing some things that I liked about XP (Such as the Quick access toolbar, but that's not hard to crete). I am more comfortable using Windows XP, but I quite like Windows 7. Just takes a bit of time to get used to :p

Status
Not open for further replies.