• Other (Please say in post)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I use Windows XP and Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. Though there is nothing extraordinary about XP, I just like Ubuntu. It just makes you powerful.

excid3

Reaction score
I'd have to say personally Linux rules. I use Ubuntu Feisty mainly but ive used OpenSuse, Fedora, Gentoo, and others. Windows can't beat the reliability and functionality and cost ;) But Windows has the majority of users and its good for gaming ive gotta admit. Havent used MacOS X yet...dont plan to either. Linux is free and reliable...take that M$

S!lence

Reaction score
TBH i think vista sucks...
i'm using it on my laptop but a lot of games
are not compable on vista, bad enough....

but still it rocks!
nice grapichs etc..

but the thing i like the most is still
linux. :D

cetutnx1

Reaction score
I've used Red-Hat, Debian, Suse, and Ubuntu, what i really have to said is that ubuntu make linux available for everyone, and very easy to use, besides all that sayd Windows Vista have nice graphics, have you seen Beryl working in Ubuntu....

About more games in Windows yes i have to says that there are more, but you still have wine to try it on linux...

WoodsballJesse

Reaction score
I said Linux. I built a tiny mini-itx PC that runs Damn Small Linux and my laptop is running Ubuntu 7.10

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
TBH i think vista sucks...
i'm using it on my laptop but a lot of games
are not compable on vista, bad enough....

but still it rocks!
nice grapichs etc..

but the thing i like the most is still
linux. :D
*sigh*
even after beta testing the beast of an OS, I still can't stand people saying it sucks. Especially in cases like this. Please list an OS with better compatibility other than XP? Vista has better compatibility than every other OS out there(as far as I've ever seen). The problem is people come from XP which has been out of years and has given developers time to create compatible software and hardware/drivers. Vista just comes out and everyone expects everything to work for it. Microsoft has to depend on developers to design their software and hardware/drivers to work on the new OS. When any new OS comes out the compatibility sucks.

I haven't made my final decision just because I want to be sure. I like XP a lot. But Vista brings a lot of new and pretty useful features to the table, it just needs an arm and a leg to keep running smoothly...

Linux is nice and Sabayon has been a dream to me, but I still can't stay dedicated to it.

I still haven't fully tried OSX, but hopefully will soon. I've only used it for about 20 minutes on a friends Mac and about 5 on PearPC.

And i'm not sure what 'other' is since I've never heard of any other OSes(wait, except that one.... was it OS2 or something like that... it didn't last whatever it was).

T_Clauss

Reaction score
Well I'd have to say any unix based system will smoke the pants off the competition.

Unix operating systems are widely used in both servers and workstations. The Unix environment and the client-server program model were essential elements in the development of the Internet and the reshaping of computing as centered in networks rather than in individual computers.

Both Unix and the C programming language were developed by AT&T and distributed to government and academic institutions, causing both to be ported to a wider variety of machine families than any other operating system. As a result, Unix became synonymous with "open systems".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix

Last edited:

metroman

Reaction score
I like Ubuntu. If you take the prices into account, then Ubuntu is better than Windows.

briann

Reaction score
Well I have to say, I didn't go and make my decision yet. I really think that a lot of operating systems seem to shine in their own ways.

Windows: Has the vast support for hardware, software, and gaming that is unmatched by many of the other operating systems. And about vista, it runs great, works great, and is better than XP in my opinion. Yes there are issues running older software, or older hardware, but that is because they changed so much with it. I mean, when my computer fixes itself....I find that to be nice. It just booted up, and said that my computer had some serious problem that is preventing it from starting correctly, and that it was fixing the problem, and a couple of seconds later, I was in windows.

As for mac os, I tend to like a lot of the features that are provided with it. (As for reliability, and stability, I can say the experience I have had is not the greatest) I mean when you get that picture of the bomb up with some cryptic error message...that is never good. Although in recent years it appears as though they have fixed a lot of those issues. And I like some of apple's applications, and other applications that are designed for mac os (in video editing, and graphics mainly)

As for linux: I love it, it is free. It runs really fast. It is very stable. But I miss many of my favorite applications. Yes there are alternatives, but they don't run as efficiently, and they are not as easy to use, and not always 100% compatible.

So I stand by that they all are great in many respects, depending on what you are wanting to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.