Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Or... Custom Made?

Votes: 52 40.0%

• Total voters

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I like SONY, but mine pick is CUSTOM MADE.

I recently bought parts to build a new GAMING computer.
with i7 Core powered by Intel.

With the top of the line video card from ATI 4870 x2
Crossfire.

With 6GB Rams and a $400 Asus Board (Top of the line.)
I will be gaming hardcore in 2009!

Did I mention I have a 47" Inches LCD Monitor?

So yeah, I voted Custom Built!

Thanks.

Sounds like you're trying to beat my system! I guess it's time for me to replace my quad with an i7 and get several more gigabytes of RAM, and then Fiber Optic Internet ;)

Last edited:

TPI007

Reaction score
Sounds like you're trying to beat my system! I guess it's time for me to replace my quad with an i7 and get several more gigabytes of RAM, and then Fiber Optic Internet ;)

By the way, did I mention I already have FiOS (fiber optic internet)

You gonna replace your VDO card with top of the line like me too? :thefinger

Wolfhaze

Reaction score
My newest laptop is a Lenovo, which I was able to get a nice deal on (else I would have had to pick up a 400 dollar Acer).

However, in the past, I have stuck to HP computers, desktops and laptops. Regardless of the bad rap they get sometimes, my personal experience has always been positive. My stuff has lasted well beyond their expected lifetimes, and I'm not a kind user. My oldest laptop is approaching its 7th or 8th birthday, and it's still more than functional, despite great, GREAT abuse.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
My newest laptop is a Lenovo, which I was able to get a nice deal on (else I would have had to pick up a 400 dollar Acer).

However, in the past, I have stuck to HP computers, desktops and laptops. Regardless of the bad rap they get sometimes, my personal experience has always been positive. My stuff has lasted well beyond their expected lifetimes, and I'm not a kind user. My oldest laptop is approaching its 7th or 8th birthday, and it's still more than functional, despite great, GREAT abuse.

Reminds me of my Dell laptop. It's a refurbished Dell Inspiron 3800GT and it's on it's 10th-11th year. Thing has a Pentium III laptop and all of it's original hardware except for a RAM slot and a CD/DVD Drive which I replaced are still working. It's taken a lot of abuse and one or two blown power adapters but it's reliable.

TPI007

Reaction score
Custom Built Intel all the WAY!
with ATI grfx

I'm one GAMER that will OWN in 2009 with my ATI card.

apoorav

Reaction score
Custom assembled from many brands and Good Configuration, Buying PC from a specific brand will miss good features of other brands!

Parsa44

Reaction score
I would much rather custom build or you will get ripped off big time.

Criptex

Reaction score
I prefer HP laptops, but I have a question... Is there any way you can replace your video card in a laptop, cuz I don't like mine :'{. I have a Nvidia GeForce 8200M G and 3 gigs of ram, but I would like to know if I can replace it myself (I don't know much about computer's hardware)

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer HP laptops, but I have a question... Is there any way you can replace your video card in a laptop, cuz I don't like mine :'{. I have a Nvidia GeForce 8200M G and 3 gigs of ram, but I would like to know if I can replace it myself (I don't know much about computer's hardware)

It is possible to replace a laptop's video card. It is very tricky though and cannot always be done. Many times, the video card connector is proprietary to the computer, and some are just integrated to the board and are not separate (which means tough luck OR you need extreme soldering skills). Make sure though, if you do change the laptop's card that you are sure that you are willing to possibly risk losing some screws and you know how to put it back together, as it involved disassembling much of the laptop. Additionally, you can send it to the computer maker if they are able to install a better one for you. Also note that due to the nature of a laptop, there is a very high risk of shorting something out should something be in the wrong spot.

Last edited:

Criptex

Reaction score
It is possible to replace a laptop's video card. It is very tricky though and cannot always be done. Many times, the video card connector is proprietary to the computer, and some are just integrated to the board and are not separate (which means tough luck OR you need extreme soldering skills). Make sure though, if you do change the laptop's card that you are sure that you are willing to possibly risk losing some screws and you know how to put it back together, as it involved disassembling much of the laptop. Additionally, you can send it to the computer maker if they are able to install a better one for you. Also note that due to the nature of a laptop, there is a very high risk of shorting something out should something be in the wrong spot.

Thanks for the advice... I think I'll send it to the hp store. Any suggestions about a GOOD video card? but it has to be nvidia, because hp does not install ATI cards in their laptops. :drool:

flamer619

Reaction score
To Me The best PC brand is HP. Dell is also really good but i just love HP lol. I Also Like custom computers alot lol. One of my computers is custom and one isnt. Also Alien ware Comps Are awesome!!!!!

kieran5676

Reaction score
I have a HP Compaq pc (Yes, that's what it says on the case). But is it a HP pc or a compaq PC? The mobo is hp, but some components are compaq. This stuff mashes my brain...

henk506673

Reaction score
Dell because they tend to last longer. Although, i have seen some very nice custom builds and asus. so long as it works and is fast.

mike.sanford917

Reaction score
I prefer to build my own as well. It is much more flexible this way... you can save alot or spend alot and get exactly the features that you want. If something goes wrong, you can easily replace or upgrade the part in question.

remy87x18

Reaction score
I voted for HP, but either of these three, HP, Sony, Toshiba, I'm all fine.

khopcraft77

Reaction score
Custom made for sure. If you don't know how, get a friend to do it. You will save money... even if you pay him/her.