Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Toshiba

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Or... Custom Made?

Votes: 52 40.0%

• Total voters

sotirismichail53

Reaction score
I would definitely build a custom PC myself.It saves you money and you can adapt it to your needs.But if it was a laptop,I would choose Hewlett-Packard because I own two of them and I don't have any problems with them.they work flawlessly for the things I need.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would definitely build a custom PC myself.It saves you money and you can adapt it to your needs.But if it was a laptop,I would choose Hewlett-Packard because I own two of them and I don't have any problems with them.they work flawlessly for the things I need.
Yes.Custom PC is a cheaper option and a passion for many
It is vibrantly followed in sub-continental region and many parts of Asia.
But in the US and UK, it is branded PCs like Dell,HP,Acer take guard and lead.For me it is Dell Laptops and custom made Desktops.

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
custom made pcs are the best way to go, especially when you depend on your pc to earn a living..
You are your king and nobody else interferes :D

Rosemmary

Reaction score
We have a Sony Vaio wit Vista, an Acer Aspire 3000 and a an Acer Aspire0ne netbook both with XP, a custom desktop also running XP with a PCChips mobo, and I am still trying to get my new build running; apparently I got a dead processor. -.-;

My new Windows phone only likes the Vista pc, but I avoid using that one when I can. Vista= evil

So far branding; I prefer Acer; as their products seem to be fairly reliable and high quality. Although, if you ever DO have a problem you are out of luck ,as their customer service is non-existent.

bccruzer42

Reaction score
Toshiba's are excellent laptops as well. Right now, if you purchase certain PCs (of any brand) with Windows 7, you can get an Xbox 360 for free. HP is definitely running this offer.

jodoloy

Reaction score
Apple is generally the best, if you are looking for a high end computer. If anything goes wrong, they will replace your computer.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I tend to use HP, Dell or Acer. Generally because they're cheaper, and have a bigger support chain.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to Computers and Technology.

DanielWhite

Reaction score
I got myself an HP.

They have really improved on their products in the last years, as I remember HP being one of the worse computer companies in the country.

Darkmere

Reaction score
I got an HP because they use all standardized equipment that can be cannibalized or replaced latter down the road

Camo Yoshi

Reaction score
Oh god there are so many things wrong with this poll...

First off; NO ASUS?! Are you kidding me? Asus had the least amount of reported laptop failures in 2010, as reported by squaretrade! How could you not include them?

Second, Ailenware is owned by Dell.

Third, Acer, Gateway, and eMachines are ALLLLL the same company.

Fourth, Compaq and HP are the exact same company as well.

Fifth, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, custom build, you get to pick what you want, and it saves you a lot of cash.

if you want to get a gaming PC, custom build. It's worth it. Ailenware will rip you off.

Here's my totally awesome build I did for less than $1000.

CPU: Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.6Ghz (Quad Core)
RAM: 4x2GB Crucial RAM
MOBO: BIOSTAR Tpower i55
GFX: GeForce GTS 250 512MB EVGA Card
Case: NZXT M59
PSU: Silverstone 500w PSU
Drives:

C:\ - 30GB OCZ Vertex - Boot Drive for Win7 Ultimate x64
D:\ - 80GB WD Caviar - My Documents
E:\ - 160GB WD Blue - Program Files
F:\ - HP DVD-RAM Burner
G:\ - 80GB Hitachi Travelstar - used for Torrents, Serving Files over the Web, etc.

Grand total came to around $950, I recycled the 80GB WD, DVD-RAM Burner, and 160GB WD from my old computer.

See benchmarks here: http://camoyoshi.x10.mx/mirror/camoyoshi/otherstuff/pcbench/Revenant/

Darkmere

Reaction score
assembled pc is best and also cheaper then branded.

Not always ... I went a bought a premaid then went and tried to build the exact same computer by parts. Including the OS (which is the most expensive part) it was 400$ more than the premade

locogeek94

Reaction score
For Me:
Desktop - build my own.
Laptop - I have a Sony bought 2001, and still going. Also Acer 14" no complaints, another Acer netbook that kind of gives me problems. I also have a fairly new HP 17" that works great.

rolandr

Reaction score
Oh god there are so many things wrong with this poll...

First off; NO ASUS?! Are you kidding me? Asus had the least amount of reported laptop failures in 2010, as reported by squaretrade! How could you not include them?
Yeah, I saw one poll most satisfied users for laptops and ASUS was on top.

palmerx6414

Reaction score
Building can be a lot cheaper if you are building a desktop system and also depending on where you get your computer parts from. :wink:

I'd much rather custom build over buying a specific brand, but if I had to pick a specific brand, I'd say Dell.

My least favorite is HP/Compaq because HP comes with "special HP software" for windows (even if you format your hard drive, re-install your OS and update it). Things like hpwuschd and other unnecessary software and drivers that come with your system. Not to mention a similar scenario when you install an HP printer... I know this because I used to have an HP computer with an HP printer, and I am currently using one.

Also, isn't Alienware a subsidiary of Dell?