Which photo editing software is the best?

koolkid4521

Reaction score
IMO photoshop is the best i have been using it since photoshop CS first came out and i am really impressed with the quality and ease of use

HomerJ

Reaction score
Probably photoshop, but I use the GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program). It's free and runs on many platforms.

CartoBot

Reaction score
I'd say Photoshop, unless I need to do something quickly. Then it's GIMP.

hatbocs

Reaction score
I'd say it's between Photoshop and GIMP.

I like Photoshop but have used GIMP, some, and I like it as well.

fitzysit

Reaction score
i started in GIMP until i learnt the ropes then i gradually worked up from photoshop 7 to CS3

dwd2000

Reaction score
I just found GIMP a little while ago and like it. Before that, I used Micrografix, (I think) a program that came with a camera or webcam I got a while back. I also use Blaiz Text Effects for banners, sometimes.

Wolfio1

Reaction score
GIMP is free, and I'm stuck using it right now because I messed up my copy of Paintshop Pro 8. (Will be reinstalling soon.)

In terms of "best", most people say Photoshop. I prefer Photoshop myself. The only thing that bothers me about it are some of the right-click and copy/paste options; this is probably because it works differently than in Paintshop Pro.

Paintshop Pro (I think it's on ver. 10 or 12 now) is much cheaper than Photoshop. It can do most of the things most people need a photoediting program to do. However, you do get what you pay for, and some of the things I'm learning in Graphic Arts take more effort to do in Paintshop Pro than in Photoshop.

Sohail

Reaction score
Photoshop CS3 may not have the best price, but it sure is worth it. All the professional web designers would use Adobe Photoshop CS2/3.

sunils

Reaction score
I use Photoshop and corel draw.

They depends upon my the photo which i want to edit and what feature to include.