1. I.E
2. Netscape
3. Opera
4. Mozilla

?

Dan

Reaction score
Firefox!! Long live Firefox!!
I admit I always used to use IE though...
Somewhere there is already a thread on browsers isn't there??

sunils

Reaction score
Its firefox of course. But used to test the web pages in the IE also. Only for testing.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
1. FireFox
2. Opera
3. Safari
4. IE (Rarely use it)

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
usually opera
IE if a site does not laod right in opera
Safari if im worried bout security and it won;t load in opera.
netscape if those faill
some other small browsers if netscapr fails(one that almost passes new acid test)
last, and only after i have interted my weener in a meet grinder, killed my faimley, and summoned evil spirits that are destroying the world, i try firefox.

firefox to me, is like wearing shoes that are 4 sizes to small, full of tacks, but "Look good" and has a "steel toe" for "security", and people saying its the best is like them hitting you over the head with these shoes.

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
Firefox, of course!

IE fails to show pages correctly and is much, much slower at loading pages then FF.

Oh, and Netscape is officially dead.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Firefox, of course!

IE fails to show pages correctly and is much, much slower at loading pages then FF.

i think not.

considering i fail to find 100% proof that Firefox is faster than IE(actually i find looots of conflicting data, which is probably biased), since the speed depends on:
a. Hardware(processor, ram, etc)
b. Software(other things running, addons, etc)
c. content(ie pages with more html will load at different speed then pages that are heavy with script or images)
d. outside variables(ie, internet speed, server load changes, lost packts, etc)

these 4 things can make it very hard to get accurate results.

i find that firefox can take up to 2 min to load(no addons in it) but IE can take up to 30 seconds, normally FF is 30 sec, IE is like 1 sec.
i also find that IE

and show me were IE fails to display pages corrctly, if anything, ive had more trouble with Opera and Firefox rendering pages right then IE.

FalseHope

Reaction score
Firefox. For sure, it might have a memory leak, but oh well. It is much better than IE.

phantomrainbow

Reaction score
seamonkey.i like it the best ,so far.
mozilla -would be next.
their both very good browsers.
i also have one called -flock,it's pretty good too.

FalseHope

Reaction score
All web browsers are pretty much the same. What does flock have on it? Anything good? Does it look the same as Mozilla or is it unique? I have never heard of it. :p

mattura

Reaction score
Firefox, because of the add-ons greasemonkey, firebug, web developer, tamper data, fireftp. Also IE's buttons/interface annoy me.
Also IE Tab for brief testing and the IE7 and safari for thorough testing

FalseHope

Reaction score
You kind of need to have IE these days, if you design websites. So your site isn't different in both browsers :p

frankfriend

Reaction score
I use Firefox, but have to use IE sometimes for some MS sites, and to test out webpages I am writing.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
All web browsers are pretty much the same. What does flock have on it? Anything good? Does it look the same as Mozilla or is it unique? I have never heard of it. :p

i aggree. the only difference is some features that can slow them down, and security holes that some people deny exsist, or accept.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1.Firefox

1644575867978457457668568795789476. IE

pgames

Reaction score
i think not.

considering i fail to find 100% proof that Firefox is faster than IE(actually i find looots of conflicting data, which is probably biased), since the speed depends on:
a. Hardware(processor, ram, etc)
b. Software(other things running, addons, etc)
c. content(ie pages with more html will load at different speed then pages that are heavy with script or images)
d. outside variables(ie, internet speed, server load changes, lost packts, etc)

these 4 things can make it very hard to get accurate results.

i find that firefox can take up to 2 min to load(no addons in it) but IE can take up to 30 seconds, normally FF is 30 sec, IE is like 1 sec.
i also find that IE

and show me were IE fails to display pages corrctly, if anything, ive had more trouble with Opera and Firefox rendering pages right then IE.

For me firefox takes 1-2 seconds to load (with only 1 or two addons)... IE 6.0 opens in like 1-2 secs too.
IE 6.0 is slow only if the MSN Site is main page. For me, I find IE 7 is the slowest of all browsers having 10secs load up time.

BTW do u have dial up? Cuz I haven't met anyone who said firefox was slow.

Last edited: