which wordpress plugins cause high system resource suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggius

Reaction score
I have got suspended twice for high system resource usage. I am guessing it is the wordpress stats plugin that is using a lot of cpu but thought one of you guys might know better. Thanks

Here are the wordpress plugins I am using:

Adsense Injection Inserts Adsense into your blog without a log of ******* around.

Akismet
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. You need a WordPress.com API key to use it. You can review the spam it catches under "Comments." To show off your Akismet stats just put <?php akismet_counter(); ?> in your template. See also: WP Stats plugin.

Exec-PHP
Executes <?php ?> code in your posts, pages and text widgets.

Random Posts widget
Display Random Posts Widget. Based on Random categories with random posts by Mike Stickel.

WordPress.com Stats
Tracks views, post/page views, referrers, and clicks. Requires a WordPress.com API key.

WP Authors
Sidebar widget to list all authors of a blog. Navigate to Presentation → Widgets to add to your sidebar.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I think random post is the one you are trying to find...

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't the
Exec-PHP
Executes <?php ?> code in your posts, pages and text widgets.
pluggin allow users to inject code into your wordpress like
PHP:
while (1) {}
That would cause high resource usage?

Just an idea.

Last edited:

daggius

Reaction score
no, the php one just lets the author (me) use php in posts (it doesnt work in comments)

why do u think it is the random post one ?

the only one i think that really does a lot of calculation is the stats one. but that's also the most essential. so i really dont wanna get rid of it

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
guess it depends on how the random post works, if it just queries your database for a random post, given some conditions is filled, I don't see why that would cause any higher resource usage then displaying the posts normally.

At first glance none of the listed ones does seem to be the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.