Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

jussisi252

Reaction score
i have got genuine windows 7 home premium it did come with my new computer!!!

:biggrin:

justin.deal16

Reaction score
Well i would have to give XP a 8/10 (10 being best.
Vista a -5/10 - failed so much so badly, on so many machines.
Win & - 12/10 - Love it works great and supports older games back from XP.

Worth the upgrade? it sure is, can't wait 4 full DX11 games

adesinabejide98

Reaction score
my machine currently operates on xp sp3 and doing fine...i have not tried vista though i knew many people using the os, but complains loudly bout it..but win7?i think is the ultimate for os lovers

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I have windows 7 and Ubuntu on my system and I think Ubuntu is better among them.
For example a incident happened with me today:-
One of my friend called me, he was trying to find the mac address of Ethernet adapter but running these commands in windows 7 didn't help
Code:
ipconfig /all
And
Code:
getmac
We tried all possible ways including changing the adapter settings.But it remain 00:00:00:00:00:00.Finally I told him to use ubuntu live cd and click on panel system->preferences->network connections and change the mac address here.It worked for him.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I actually prefer Windows 7 to Linux (except for the cost)

Windows 7 was an improvement, definitely. Except it keeps BSoDing.

~Callum

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
In Windows 7 PHP scripts executes slower than in Ubuntu.In my Ubuntu system PHP scripts just works like I am opening a HTML site in browser.

justin.deal16

Reaction score
I have windows 7 and Ubuntu on my system and I think Ubuntu is better among them.
For example a incident happened with me today:-
One of my friend called me, he was trying to find the mac address of Ethernet adapter but running these commands in windows 7 didn't help
Code:
ipconfig /all
And
Code:
getmac
We tried all possible ways including changing the adapter settings.But it remain 00:00:00:00:00:00.Finally I told him to use ubuntu live cd and click on panel system->preferences->network connections and change the mac address here.It worked for him.

1st of all... Lol at your fail...
Ever there is something wrong with your windows 7, or u were looking for 'MAC Address' not 'physical address.'

Secondly PHP scripts load quick smart as if they would on Linux (My system anyway)...

Windows 7 was an improvement, definitely. Except it keeps BSoDing.
It shouldn't be crashing, Win7 is one of the most stable OS out there at the moment.
Ever there is omething wrong with your hardware such as overheating, or not seated correctly.

wow is ubuntu an operating system? Pardon my naivety, i will confirm from google..
Yes it is. Very well made and many people use it, Linux is one the the most used OS for Server hosting.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
1st of all... Lol at your fail...
Ever there is something wrong with your windows 7, or u were looking for 'MAC Address' not 'physical address.'

Secondly PHP scripts load quick smart as if they would on Linux (My system anyway)...

It shouldn't be crashing, Win7 is one of the most stable OS out there at the moment.
Ever there is omething wrong with your hardware such as overheating, or not seated correctly.

Yes it is. Very well made and many people use it, Linux is one the the most used OS for Server hosting.
Please explain reason to LOL , it can be more helpful to me, please explain me how to obtain the physical address in windows 7 and what is difference between mac and physical address.I think we use Mac address in LAN(or for wired broadband connection, not sure because I use mobile phone for net access)?My friend was calling this is a serial number in BIOS, so I am very confused about this.

For BSOD I would say that it is caused by drivers too, norton antivirus drivers at release of the windows 7 RC were known to cause this.In my system this issue occured due to TV tuner(Having phillips saa7130 chip) drivers, I used lifeview fly video 2000 drivers and problem resolved.

May be you have more RAM or good processor than me, that's why php scripts executes more faster on your windows 7.I have 1 GB RAM and Dual Core 2.8 Ghz microprocessor.When I talked about PHP scripts then I meant by joomla, wordpress or phpbb like programs.

I agree windows 7 is much better than vista and xp in terms of performance and reliability.But ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) desktop is more good at performance and little unreliable than windows 7.

apisds

Reaction score
Alternatively, you can:
Open the Network and Sharing Center > Local Area Connection > Details > Physical Address

Maybe you are looking at the wrong info? Coz if you run ipconfig /all, it will post all adapters including disconnected media adapters. Your adapter (local area connection or wireless) should be near the top of the list. Not at the bottom. Try scrolling the cmd prompt screen up. Other adapters will have this physical address: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Actually, I had to disable ipv6 from network adapter then I was able to see it in ipconfig for my Realtek ethernet adapter.Otherwise it was showing 00:00:00:00:E0.
Thanks for the info.

adesinabejide98

Reaction score
so please how do i get a free window7 with reg key cos from all said so far, win7 is the ultimate over all other os like ubuntu, xp and vista....any help would be appreciated

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
so please how do i get a free window7 with reg key cos from all said so far, win7 is the ultimate over all other os like ubuntu, xp and vista....any help would be appreciated

You can't, you need to buy it.