Why can't I get x10 e-mail to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurfle

Reaction score
OK, it's been about a week since I signed up and settled on the domain name dreyer.x10hosting.com and I cannot gett he desired e-mail address nick@dreyer.xlhosting.com to do anything, send/receive from Squirrel on web or Outlook Express client on my PC. I've deleted it and recreated it innumerable times from the e-mail management control panel, used the automatic configure feature shown below

Auto-Configure Microsoft Outlook Express® for POP3 Access

and also checked all settings manual through the OE account configuration tools where I have found nothing amiss. The only odd thing on the list of settings is the way the username is listed as shown here:

Manual Settings

Mail Server Username: nick+dreyer.x10hosting.com

Why is there a plus-sign ("+") where it looks like there should be the "@"-sign. I have obviously not replaced the "@" with "+", and of course the automatic configuration feature sets things up with the "@".

I have posted about this here and have a support ticket on the matter open since March 30th (upgraded from low to high a few days ago), but nothing seems to be working so far. This is getting a little frustrating! I have for a good 10 years configured and reconfigured dozens e-mail accounts - mostly on Outlooks Express clients - so I think I know what I am doing on the client end.

The error message as seen from Squirrel everytime is

ERROR:Message not sent. Server replied:
Authentication required
530 Relaying not allowed - sender domain not local​

and the same "530" relay error number is reported when trying to both send from and receive through Outlook Express.

I can't think of anything else to do, so some help is sorely needed.

Thanks, Nick

Last edited:

pythondev

Reaction score
hi Nick,

The email setting is correct with the "+" sign, relaying denied error is due to the advanced settings, you need to go into your email account and set the check box for my SMTP server requires authentification, and also set the box for , same as my incoming mail check box..

After tha your relaying denied error will dissappear.

gurfle

Reaction score
. . . . you need to go into your email account and set the check box for my SMTP server requires authentification, and also set the box for , same as my incoming mail check box..

After tha your relaying denied error will dissappear.

Those settings are what I am using - and it's the way the automatic client configuration sets it up too.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the solution must be something else. Syed from the support team has gotten back to me also, but nothing has helped so far.

Nick

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Are ou putting the wrong ports or something?

gurfle

Reaction score
Are ou putting the wrong ports or something?

Outgoing 25 (as listed for non-SSL POP3 on the x10 client configuration page)

Incoming 110 (no value specified on config. page, but this default OE setting seems to work for all other non-SSL accounts I've got)

Still trying to get this to work.

Nick
Edit:
Now I'm wondering:

If this can be easily done and get the issue resolve, I wouldn't mind if system administrators were to completely wipe out all traces of my account and have me sign up from scratch.

I wouldn't loose anything (all my simple html web pages are easy for me to upload again), and it would be a lot more satisfying to do that than this waiting around with nothing happening. (No word back from Syed yet.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.