Why Cant I....

radiogrooves81

Reaction score
reply to topics in the " Free Hosting" section?

I get this

radiogrooves81, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's deliberate, and designed to eliminate the inevitable "me too" posts that can actually hide issues from the support staff and volunteers.

In order to reply to threads (other than your own, of course) in the Free Hosting forum, you have to meet one of these two conditions:

1. have at least 300 forum posts under your belt (the assumption is that by then you'll have become familiar with the way things work around here); or

2. have at least 50 posts, fill out a request form to be given access to help, and be approved.

radiogrooves81

Reaction score
That's deliberate, and designed to eliminate the inevitable "me too" posts that can actually hide issues from the support staff and volunteers.

In order to reply to threads (other than your own, of course) in the Free Hosting forum, you have to meet one of these two conditions:

1. have at least 300 forum posts under your belt (the assumption is that by then you'll have become familiar with the way things work around here); or

2. have at least 50 posts, fill out a request form to be given access to help, and be approved.

Ok cool... cheers.. I was just asking becuase I was going to answer somones post.

dank_delivery77

Reaction score
Yeah, that bugs me too, what also bugs me is the fact that x10 suspends accounts, but it's free, so I won't complain, just saying.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
The reason x10Hosting suspends accounts is to remove old unused accounts from the database. Therefore, x10Hosting places a mandatory requirement where each user on Free Hosting must login to the forum at least once every 30 days to keep their account active.

The Free Hosting forum contains all support tickets, and those restrictions are probably in place to avoid unhelpful replies to these support tickets.