Why does the Wii suck?

Michan1

Reaction score
I own a 360, a PS3 80 GB and a wii

sorry, but to speak the truth, i use the wii quite more often than the 360, AND WAY A LOT more than ps3, actually, the only reason i brought the PS3 was none the less than Metal Gear 4, hahaha

the reason Wii is so adictive its because it breaks by the "common gaming method", by actually making you do something else than sit and eat or sorts.

I think theres a documented info arround there that some guy actually lost weight by playing box on the wii

the real value of the 360 can be resumed on this: ONLINE GAMEPLAY, truly, the wii can be accurately marked as a "pimped out game cube", since it uses the same graphics standards, but the completely different interfase on how should one game is simply too attractive, specially for the children.

oh, and yes, guitar hero rules, but even more, ROCK BAND! specially at a party!, just the idea of playing with 4 kind of instruments, well, the real challenge is the synch beetween the participants, i ve tried it, and im definetly getting one!

imaran

Reaction score
using your 360 more is your choice since you could have bought Rock Band and Guitar Hero both for PS3. :p

There are plenty of great games out for ps3 now, it's just no one that is into 360 really bothers looking. (Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Resistance: Fall of Man, Uncharted, Warhawk(multiplayer only), Virtua Fighter 5, Conan, Unreal Tournament, and theres at least a few more but it's early in the morning and i can't think lol).

As far as multiplayer online, I've never really seen anything on Wii worth playing online multiplayer for...PS3 and 360 really are a toss up between which to play online.

The only game i'd buy for Wii is Metroid(and maybe Zelda) and it's been done two other times...The graphics on the Wii are barely any better than the gamecube had and there isn't really much room for improvement. You wonder why game developers don't want to make the game for it? The controls are drastically different and so are the graphics, you can't switch nearly as easily to the Wii as you can between PS3 and 360.

We've had a few recent polls of who likes which system more and almost every one the ps3 has won. The 360 fanboys are just in denial. Wii unfortunately needs to have some better games developed for it. I was excited when it came out and applauded it's originality, but without games it isn't much fun. I'd much rather buy the cross console games that come out for my ps3 than for Wii simply because the controls are easier on the ps3. If it is written for the Wii it is usually more fun that way, but most of what is written just for the Wii isn't as good story-wise. Which is why so many people are so disappointed.

Last edited:

Archkronos

Reaction score
Let me see...Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (rated 9.5/10 by Nintendo Power),
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (rated 9.5), Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. And coming soon is No More Heroes, a bloody action game. Good enough?

The Wii's gameplay gets less and less intresting over time, imo.

I disagree, the party games get boring and tiring fast. We all end up playing either Rock Band or Halo 3 on XBL

Ding. Especially with MARIO PARTY 8000 and MARIO BROS. 8 MILLION and MARIO KART and MARIO AND SOME OTHER SEQUAL.

First off, NO, 360's graphics are certainly not better. Try the game Uncharted out for PS3, will blow away anything you've imagined on 360. The cross console games at this point have been more ports from 360 to PS3, those that were made individually are even or given a slight edge to PS3, those ported to PS3 from 360 however 360 stomped PS3 which is why some people believe 360 has better graphics. At this point though, it is really just a toss up but in the long run PS3 has far more potential.

The reason Wii has sold more is A. Cost efficteveness and B. Innovativeness. That said, PS3 and 360 have pulled in more money because they need to sell less to make what Wii does with a couple sales. The majority of Wii's sales were in the beginning, now they hardly ever sell(ask any local store). Everyone who wanted one already bought one and now the games they've been releasing as of late and for the next year are all either cross console or they suck. And why would you buy a game that has worse graphics on the Wii when you could get it on 360 or PS3? Besides which, anything difficult is much easier to play on PS3 or 360. While the controls are fun for some games, it makes challenging games almost impossible.

What about GTA IV? And the extras only available to Xbox. Oh yeah, guess you forgot about that.

The Wii, is, cheap and fun, but the novelty soon wares off. It is great fun. It is engaging. The only thing that could make it better is actually better hardware. I can pick out flaws on Wii Sports, that dont have to be there.

SkyStormKuja

Reaction score
Reading through this thread, I'm coming to the conclusion that many opinions are based on looking for flaws in the console, and pointing them out, but never referring to flaws in the "winning" console.

The Wii, is, cheap and fun, but the novelty soon wares off. It is great fun. It is engaging. The only thing that could make it better is actually better hardware. I can pick out flaws on Wii Sports, that dont have to be there
I can pick out flaws in many XBOX360 and PS3 games that don't have to be there, either. And they have 'super' systems.

I'd much rather buy the cross console games that come out for my ps3 than for Wii simply because the controls are easier on the ps3
Control methods are hardly a manner of judging games. You can get used to any controls, and generally, you have to actually practice a bit. This means that people that are slightly lazy might fall of the bus.

The Wii does lack one thing : Good games. In my opinion, I'd get Pkmn Battle Revolution (to continue the series at least), as well as Twilight Princess. Other games that are emerging include Super Smash Brothers Brawl, which will probably be one of the most popular party games released (in your face MARIOKART).
Further, there is a slight lacking in interesting games. Developers are yet to start to really get into designing software to fit the new way the Wii works.

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
What is with all the console whacking. One is not better, maybe you are a teenager that refuses to like any other console becuase you spent your money on a different one. Or maybe not. What you have to remember is that the Wii is geared towards kids and older people. Not towards people interested in shooting games and war kind of stuff.

imaran

Reaction score
The Wii's gameplay gets less and less intresting over time, imo.

What about GTA IV? And the extras only available to Xbox. Oh yeah, guess you forgot about that.

What about GTA? GTA is not a big deal, it's the same game, remade. You can only kill, drive, shoot so many ways with the same basic system of doing something and it be fun. Starting with San Andreas, the series lost it's fun element by not adding enough to make the game fun for more than a day. The little new things about each game are fun for right about that length of time. GTA IV is the same as every other GTA game after a bit.
-----
As for the comment about adjusting to the controls...I can't. My hands aren't steady enough to. No amount of practice will EVER fix that. None of my friends that own the Wii have improved enough either with most challenging games. Easy games are about the only place they can improve. Same goes for me but even less than them.

warlordste

Reaction score
wii's got good games out there and there fun for all the family there selling great for a lagh and so what if some ov the games are for kids can u not have a lagh?

Dan

Reaction score
I don't atually have a Wii but from what I've heard and seen it is actually quite good. My friend has one game, not sure what it's called but it's definitely very violent apparently. I have to say though - if all I had was like the Wii Sports game etc. I would probably get very bored of it.
At the moment though I'm fine playing my PS2 ;)

cityeyes

Reaction score
I don't think it sucks, but I think many non-casual gamers will find it highly overrated.

I own one, a modded one, and I've found only three or four games that I'm willing to spend more than an hour or two on total, the rest always seem to be grabs for money based around the Wii-mote and it's use. There's nothing I hate more about the Wii than when I pick up a game and it's like "hey! wave that wiimote around even though it makes no sense involving the game!" Zack and Wiki is wii-mote manipulation done right, but many other titles have fallen short in that section for me.

Now, graphics. I know I'd like to say that graphics don't matter in the least bit, but they do. When I own a PC, a PS3, and a Wii, and I have to pay the same money for games on each system, I'm going to opt for the one of the first two unless the Wii game really knocks my socks off with awesomeness. Why? Because contrary to the ideas of Wii fanatics across the nation, Gameplay and graphics can coexist...in fact, great graphics can really drive the point home on a great game (see: Bioshock).

I dunno. I'm getting all ranty here. I'm sure the Wii has plenty of time to shine and it will most certainly dominate the casual gaming field for a long time. I can only hope, though, that developers stop piling on their shovelware and actually come out with some unique games for the system.

Also:

I don't mean to pick at your argument, but the reason those extras are only available on the 360 is an incredibly large sum of money doled out by MS to Rockstar to keep the DLC solely on the box.

Last edited:

cwong

Reaction score
The wii's only really fun if you're playing with a whole bunch of people. but other than that, i can't wait for bully to come out on wii! i'm to cheap to but a 360 so i got a wii and bully's one of my favorite games!

Dutch

Reaction score
lol

Watch some of these from here

Like this one this one and this one

^^ in the end listening to other people is pointless, the wii is good if you like the controlers, the xbox is good but breaks, the ps3 is good but not amazing as it claims

Those videos were great.

My opinion.....all consoles suck in their own special, unique way. I bought a PS3 for my son (7). He used it for a week or so and went back to his computer. It now collects dust. I don't play it because I have something 10 times better........a PC!

imaran

Reaction score
In the end it all comes down to what you want as a gamer. If you want the absolute best graphics possible, you buy the best possible computer you can get and get Crysis or Bioshock or another computer game. If you want the best game play you buy a Wii. If you want to buy a crapload of games so you can have a variety you buy a 360 and if you want a good combination of everything above you go with the PS3. If RPG games are your thing PS3 is your console. If driving games are your thing PS3 (well once Gran Turismo comes out, but NFS already has games out for it) or 360. If shooters are your thing right now you go 360 but once Haze is out you can go with PS3 or 360. If online gaming is your thing go with a computer (MMORPGs) or your choice of PS3 or 360 for console gaming. 360 has more online features, but PS3 is free and fully functional (and comes standard with wireless...if you have a full strength signal that is).

The other thing is, PS3 is stronger than most computers out and you can use USB mouse and keyboard and install Windows, Linux and OSX(OSX not confirmed but that is what I've been told) and play PC games on it as well.

As for why Wii sucks, once more it's game selection and graphics. Its so much harder making games for Wii when you have to downgrade all the graphics and change all the controls.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
Sucks is a matter of opinion. Would you say that disneyland "sucks" because it's not full of blood and guts?

Darasen

Reaction score
The Wii is simply the most fun gaming system out currently. The PS3, for example, simply rehashes old games with newer graphics.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
the wii nvr has and nvr will suck, but the ds wasn't nintendo's greatest idea. u practically need three hands to play, because you need to for the buttons and another to use the stylus. the only game i've evr liked on ds is nintendogs, because the dogs are so stupid! lol:nuts:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Mario Kart is fun on the DS, but that's just about the only good game for it besides Nindendogs.