Why was my account suspended for no apt reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Excuse me staff, there is a mistake here. I was suspended for heavy resource usage. BTW, I host only two sites on my hosting account, one of them is static and the other is a WordPress blog. I dont get why I was suspended when I have very few plugins and they are working pretty fine till today. I have the same plugin list since last year. I dont get what is the offending application. Please do have a look in this.

And it also appears that my site loads pretty slow when it run a simple PHP page. However, when I load a static HTML, its quite good. When this arrangement worked fine for so many days, why is it only this month, I was getting slow and finally suspended?

Confusing...very confusing...!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
What plugins have you got installed?

If you need the available resources doubling, you can buy prime membership - this will mean you can get access to twice the amount of CPU before you're suspended :)

http://x10hosting.com/prime-membership

~Callum

nandifamily

Reaction score
Google Analyticator, Feedburner Feedsmith and Akismet. Dunno how 3 plugins can cause a mess?

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
FILENAME=/home/nandi/public_html/sunit/wp-cron.php SCRIPT_NAME=/wp-cron.php

That's the file/script causing the problem. Seems something is not liking your cron very much.

nandifamily

Reaction score
HUH? Cron running? I never made any cron run till today. Lemme go and check the problem. Looks like something wrong is with my account.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
WP-Cron is a "poor mans cron" which wordpress runs automatically upon being viewed. If there's tasks that need to be ran, it runs them then.

For instance, if a "cron" needs to be done once a day and the site doesn't get hit for 8 days, instead of it running it 8 times without needing to, it runs it once when someone finally views it on the 8th day.

Basically what wp-cron failing means is something has a scheduled task that caused it to use way too much cpu/ram - that'd likely be one of the plugins. My guess would be one of the first two since I don't think Akismet actually -has- a scheduled task with it.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Well, Feedburner is a small plugin that only redirects the feed URLs to Feedburner's network. And Google Analyticator only adds the Google Analytics snippets to the end of the page. So I think the biggest culprit is the WordPress core system itself.

Anyway, I am checking....

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Well, Feedburner is a small plugin that only redirects the feed URLs to Feedburner's network. And Google Analyticator only adds the Google Analytics snippets to the end of the page. So I think the biggest culprit is the WordPress core system itself.

Anyway, I am checking....

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Wordpress itself would not cause it. I can assure you one of those plugins is causing it. It's not about how small the plugins are. It's about how long they try to execute a task. If they are poorly coded or get stuck in an infinite loop they'll cause you to get suspended by using lots of CPU/Memory.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Your automatically suspended like any other user. The suspension is to prevent abuse of the servers. If the scripts can't work within the allocated resources, something is wrong with them or your receiving to much traffic. Either way the suspension stops the scripts so you, or an admin, can look into whats tripping the usage.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I got it now. But I hope my account doesnt get terminated for a reason like this.

You may close this thread now. Thank u soo much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.