WII or PS3?

LeColeWH

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying the PS3, however, I've been told I should buy the WII, instead. Mostly because of the price differents, and some of the games. Though, I'd like a system where you can play movies and games. What do you guys think?

Clinton

Reaction score
If you really want to play some serious games...go with the PS3. One thing Wii is lacking to me is a large library of "real" games. I can't stand the shovelware ports and mini games that plague the system.

LeColeWH

Reaction score
I can't stand mini-games myself. From the games I see at the stores, PS3 seems to have WII beat, I guess.

imaran

Reaction score
PS3.

Better Current Library of games, and the best is yet to come. The next year doesn't look good for Wii according to every game magazine and site I've read. People are GREATLY disappointed. Kinda sad really 8-/

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
360 :p

But if I had to pick, I would pick PS3. Wii games are quite childish.. and the entire "interactive" thing gets annoying and tiring fast.. controllers are here to stay!

Jesse

Reaction score
360 :p

But if I had to pick, I would pick PS3. Wii games are quite childish.. and the entire "interactive" thing gets annoying and tiring fast.. controllers are here to stay!

I agree, Wii is quite childish.

VPmase

Reaction score
Wii. The only game I see that I would buy for PS3 would be Ratchet and Clank. For the Wii on the other hand, I have Zelda:TP, Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, and I preorderd Super Smash Bros Brawl. Also, I have a few classic Nintendo games on my Wii. And its $150 cheaper, thats 3 games.

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
It always depends of how you play.

Wii - More "childish" but I can tell you Mario Party on gamecube gave my friends and I hours of fun. It's all about not playing alone, and small games.

PS3 - More serious games, with awesome graphics and you get a Blu-Ray player for the same price, which is higher than the Wii.

LeColeWH

Reaction score
I guess PS3 is it, then. I prefer serious games and the Blue Ray is a VERY big plus, since they cost about $300 to get one. Heavenly Sword looks real nice, along with several other games. My mind is set, don't make me think twice about it.

frznmnky

Reaction score
wii is good because it makes u active and is healthy my bro lost like 5 pounds.

imaran

Reaction score
Wii. The only game I see that I would buy for PS3 would be Ratchet and Clank. For the Wii on the other hand, I have Zelda:TP, Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, and I preorderd Super Smash Bros Brawl. Also, I have a few classic Nintendo games on my Wii. And its $150 cheaper, thats 3 games.

those are all more kid oriented. Wii sports was horrible. Super Paper Mario wasn't great, Super Mario Galaxy is just ok. SSBB looks good. Most rating sites agree (see ign, gamespot, gamepro etc...)

PS3 boasts or will boast:

Assassin's Creed (360 also has)
Heavenly Sword
Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy XIII and Versus 13
Metal Gear Solid 4
Stranglehold (also for 360)
HAZE
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet and Clank

almost all are adult geared titles.

so really, if you're a kid go with the Wii, otherwise go with PS3. as far as price goes, you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
as far as price goes, you get what you pay for.

Very true! With Wii, you're just paying for a motion sensor game console! Which is quite unoriginal when you look back on the era of TV infomercial game consoles..

LeColeWH

Reaction score
Assassin's Creed (360 also has)
Heavenly Sword
Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy XIII and Versus 13
Metal Gear Solid 4
Stranglehold (also for 360)
HAZE
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet and Clank

All those games sound really NICE, though I'd have to pick one or two games at a time..

wcrip

Reaction score
If ya got a kid go with Wii... If you are a big kid, go with PS3.

saioke

Reaction score
i prefer wii.. it may not have great power but its pretty cool. i loved the 360 until i tried the wii.

not sure what everyone else is talking about "better games for ps3" but the wii is going to get some great games soon. mario kart, ssbb, animal crossing, and more

what does the ps3 get? killzone 2 and MGS4.

the ps3 also seems to have severe framerate issues with alot of games. assassins creed and even the orange box suffered from it and is often unplayable. although some games are great and ps3 exclusive (such as heavenly sword) you can beat them in around 5 hours or less with no replay value.

wii games worth playing are:
super mario galaxy
wii sports (its fun but gets boring)
red steel (its not bad but it has alot of glitches)
madden 08 (total awesomness)
my sims (just think of sims and animal crossing combined)
nights: journey into dreams
guitar hero 3 (although its on all consoles)
zelda twilight princess
metroid prime 3 corruption
resident evil umbrella chronicals
super paper mario
trauma center new blood
call of duty 3
godfather blackhand edition
most virtual console games

Last edited: